My client is a leader in their field, working globally. They have approached VMA Group to add a talented and experienced Trade Marketing Manager to their organisation, focusing across Europe, specifically UK and France, Ireland, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, serial networker who loves meeting new clients and exceeding sales expectations. The role will involve the promotion and marketing of FMCG products, more specifically Luxury Tobacco/Cigars in a trade/retail environment, travelling across the UK and Europe to meet with clients and prospects on a face-to-face basis.
The organisation will fully support the right candidate with travel expenses and a car.
It is an exceptionally exciting and varied role providing unique marketing challenges and opportunities
As an integral part of the European business, the role of the Trade Marketing Manager is to maximise the brand potential through the development and implementation of brand marketing initiatives in line with defined group brand strategy and guidelines.
- Develop, implement and control operational annual plans for specific European markets
- Act as a marketing sparring partner to Country Managers.
- Working with the director of Europe you will identify market opportunities, to develop a market approach and to implement agreed initiatives/activities and tools in order to achieve overall company’s market objectives
- Regular retail POS visits with sales representatives to gain insights as well to ensure activities are in line with the agreed strategy and action plans
- Interacting & supporting the central marketing team on selected Group marketing projects and initiatives such as positioning, materials and product development initiatives. Participation in international Group marketing meetings and liaising with and learning from Group marketing community to find synergies from other markets
- Contribute to generating consumer/trade insights & market research intelligence
- Execute day to day activities for POS & Events promotions teams, CRM & Loyalty programs as well as Marketing Purchases
- Stock and order management of trade marketing material for the defined markets
- Responsible for budget and KPI's tracking, performance review report and recommended actions
Specific Skill Requirements
- Has first-hand experience in Trade Marketing, Field Marketing, or Brand Promotion.
- Ideally some experience working with international brands
- Experience of working within a retail, sales or trade environment and enjoys working face-to-face with customers
- Highly driven, target orientated individual, that is happy to travel on a regular basis, both across the U.K and Europe
- Ability to establish direction and clear goals consistent with the company’s vision and strategy
Required Behavioural Characteristics
- Result orientated
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to self-motivate and to motivate others
- Ability to handle conflicts
- Cross-cultural competence
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Can laugh
- Open & honest
- Experience & Education
Min. 3 years of experience in Sales, Trade Marketing, Field Marketing, Brand Promotion, or similar
Experience of working with both large and SME retail businesses, (food and beverage sector experience would be beneficial)
If you’re interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information please contact Jack Pascoe @ VMA Group on Tel. 07716091053 or email: email@example.com
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the Marketing, Digital and Communications communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.