Job Title: Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser
Location: Hybrid approach to working location, with home working alongside attendance at our central London office.
Salary: £41,414 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 22 July 2022.
We are the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. We bring dentists together, support our members through advice and education, and represent their interests. This is a challenging and dynamic period for dentistry and the BDA is recruiting a Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser to join our busy Communications and Campaigns team.
About the role:
This is a full-time permanent post and we anticipate a hybrid approach to working location, with home working alongside attendance at our central London office.
This role focuses on promoting the British Dental Association (BDA) through parliamentary, public affairs and campaigning activity. It demands a proactive approach to relationship building and identifying opportunities for the Association to influence.
The post-holder will play a key role in developing the BDA's interaction with politicians, their staff and other stakeholders, fostering the profession's relationships with them. The role will involve the production of targeted briefings, arranging meetings at Westminster, and coordinating activities with key healthcare, trade union and sector partners.
* The successful candidate should have proven experience of working in Parliament or in a parliamentary or public affairs role, experience of coordinating briefings, meetings and other activity at Westminster including running events
* Confident in engaging directly with political stakeholders at a range of levels, excellent relationship-building and communications skills, including strong writing and editing for political, policy and lay audiences, excellent information and data monitoring and analysis skills and experience in using public affairs contacts databases.
* To achieve their goals the post-holder will be expected to develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of relevant healthcare, oral health and dentistry policy and the BDA's policies and positions, liaising closely with the BDA's elected officers and policy team
About the Team:
The Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser will be an integral part in our small Communications and Campaigns team that create and deliver campaigns to engage the profession and influence policy change for patients and dentists. Team support is important to us and we thrive best when working together.
* Generous Pension Scheme
* Flexible working
* Health Cash Plan
* An Employee Assistance Programme
* Healthy Lifestyle Subsidy
* 25 days annual leave, 4 BDA Days over Christmas and New Year and 8 Bank holiday
The BDA is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward, please hit APPLY.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Public Affairs, Policy coordinator, Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Policy Management, Policy officer, officer, Committee Support Officer may also be considered for this role.