Higher Education Internal Communications Mat cover 12/13 months - 4 days in office - Full or part time
Your new company
My client is a different kind of university; they're driven by the belief that higher education should enable us to develop new ways of understanding the world, and help make a positive impact within it. Their students become independent thinkers with ambition, empathy, and a lifelong love for learning.
Their mission is to serve diverse communities by making high-quality, globally-connected education accessible to all those who are able to benefit from it, as well as engaging in research, scholarship and professional practice that informs their learning and teaching and has a positive impact on society.
Your new role
You will be covering a 12/13month maternity cover contract with an excellent handover prepared for a somewhat seamless transition.
You will be reporting in the the Director of Corporate Marketing and working collaboratively with some fantastic team members during your contract.
* To develop strategic internal communications activities, to engender a sense of community across the whole organisation
* To work closely with colleagues across the organisation, to ensure a timely flow of information for staff, students and partners
* Developing and advancing the existing internal communications channels of the intranet, the in-house electronic screens, staff and student bulletins, open access computer screens and student social media to ensure that the wider University initiatives are communicated effectively
* Work with all staff to support the development of targeted, compelling content for a wide range of on-line and off-line communication channels
* To ensure that all internal communications are accessible, written in plain English, and relevant for an internal audience
* To regulate and manage intranet homepage content, developing a planning system for news content, and to work closely with our external hosting supplier
* Weekly management of staff and student bulletin covering editing, collation and distribution
* To manage corporate intranet pages on behalf of the university, and to support individual staff to develop their pages, enabling page compliance
* Make use of intranet analytics to monitor and evaluate pages, considering usage, content and quality of information
* To plan internal campaigns for both staff and students using a variety of platforms - face to face, in-house electronic screens, intranet, e communications and print
* To ensure that key messages from external campaigns and new stories are reflected in the internal communications channels
* To support and build a network of key editors from within the staff community, to ensure that best practice is shared
* Work closely with IT services in developing and monitoring the in-house screen system
* Working with our external designers to create campaign designs, and also creating content in house using tools such as canva when required
* Updating the website staff directory, managing staff photography and external academic profiles. Ensuring starters and leavers information is communicated to staff and students
* Attending task group meetings and working with committee members to support internal activities such as the National Student Survey
* To support the Communications and Marketing department with the delivery of events, e.g. Open Days and Post Offer Days
* In accordance with the University's Information Security Policy, the post holder will be dealing with 'restricted information' as part of their duties.
What you'll need to succeed
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* proven track record of providing internal communications support within a large and complex organisation
* experience of multiple channel copywriting
* proven experience of working across multiple internal communications channels
* technical experience of intranet platforms/online content management systems
* experience of managing and monitoring social media channels
Further information discussed upon interest shown.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available (the post is full time however the client is also open to considering a part time 4 day work week)
based on Full time; 4 days in the office and 1 remote working day
They offer a range of staff benefits including 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time posts), pension scheme, chaplaincy and spiritual care, library services, employee assistance programme, occupational health and counselling services and staff development opportunities.
further information discussed upon interest shown.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to me, or reach out to me (Veronica Hardaker) directly via email/LinkedIn.
All candidates will be met with via teams prior to submission to my client, this in turn will help me to further tailor your cv to the role and support you in creating the most competitive application.
My client returns from annual leave 22nd July so i'd like to meet you in the meantime and shortlist ready for their turn. IVC's week commencing 25th July!
all conversations confidential.