Head of Communications- 3 month contract - £40 per hour (PAYE) - NHS 8B
* 37.5 hours per week
* ASAP start
* 3 month Interim (with opportunity to extend)
* Band 8B NHS- upto £40 per hour (PAYE premium)
Your new company
NHS Foundation Trust
Your new role
The NHS trust has designed a new vision and strategy that better responds to our customers achieving maximum value and savings in the current challenging NHS landscape.
The new strategy puts enhanced customer service and engagement, category management and supplier relationship management at the heart of what we do.
As a result, a new customer team have been created with the Head of Communications playing a vital role in driving well-considered communications strategies that articulate the new vision into our customer and stakeholder networks.
* Reporting to the Customer Director, the Head of Communications will play a key role in the business success of the NHS trust.
* The post holder will lead on building, maintaining and protecting the trusts corporate reputation, underpinned by the development of a well-considered communications and brand strategy that aligns with the corporate and customer strategies.
* The postholder will work with the customer team to develop value propositions and communications assets to tailored audiences with the aim to inform the market and support business growth.
* The postholder will provide consultancy and guidance to leadership and staff and demonstrate clearly defined outcomes based on insight and strategic understanding of the trusts vision, the current landscape, and competitor behaviours.
Job Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Represent the trust as a progressive, proactive, responsive and innovative organisation with a purpose to improve peoples' lives through the delivery of best services, with an ambition to reach 'world-class'.
* Collaborate with the customer team to develop and maintain strong relationships relevant to the success of the communications strategy, including key corporate stakeholders, partners and customers (when relevant).
* The post holder will develop a communications and brand strategy with supporting communications and brand roll-out plans.
* Deliver the brand and communications strategy ensuring customer, stakeholder and trust staff input.
* The postholder will continuously develop relevant key messages that supports alignment within the trust business functions.
* The postholder will work with Campaign Manager to review all communications channels including digital and other for relevance to stakeholder audiences to ensure maximum impact.
* The postholder will design and produce communications materials and brand assets in collaboration with the Customer Team and the trusts staff ensuring customers voice and input.
* The postholder will develop and deliver a media strategy that ensures maximum impressions for the trust. This includes a media content and crisis management plan as well as processes for approvals.
* The postholder will lead on all external communications channels including developing and implementing measurement metrics. This includes conferences in collaboration with Campaign Manager.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.