About the client
Our client is a global leading travel company, one of the largest with over 1,300 locations. They are tackling the market head-on and growing at a rapid rate. This exciting opportunity is for a travel blogger who’s in marketing, a content specialist who understands the importance of each content channel and the impact a community can have on the brand. If this is you, read on…
About the job
We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic wordsmith with around 5 years of experience in content creation to join the talented, growing marketing team on a 12-month contract.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine love of travel, bags of creativity, a keen eye for detail, and be up-to-date with all the latest social media trends – while also being a strong proofreader, writer and editor.
You will work with local and global teams to create fun and engaging UK-centric travel content for web and social – from writing blogs to managing a variety of content projects and campaigns – all in line with the brand ethos.
What you’ll get in return is pretty good too: this unique and varied role comes with some incredible benefits, including a competitive salary, hybrid/remote working options and – most importantly – the opportunity to travel the world on content-gathering trips.
If this highly productive, flexible, travel-loving individual sounds like you this is what they expect.
What is expected from you…
Create content that engages, informs and inspires, raising the brand profile in the UK.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to prioritise content requirements for the UK business.
- Work closely with the Global Content Lead to ensure global campaigns are executed in the UK and satisfy the needs of all regions.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing marketing needs as the demand for travel increases.
- Track and leverage results to determine what channels/content is performing well.
- Upload and maintain website pages in the CMS (Drupal 7).
- Proof/edit copy for campaigns, EDMs, blogs etc.
- Work with global colleagues to leverage evergreen content across all countries, enhance SEO, and execute new global platforms and technologies – including a new global website.
- Support the team with showstopping copywriting, adapted to the context – whether this is created by yourself or outsourced to a chosen contractor/provider, or lifted from global counterparts.
- Be the custodian of the local tone of voice and ensure everyone across the team and wider UK business is leveraging it to the fullest.
- Manage and monitor all the online communities – namely Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube to drive growth in followers/subscribers.
- Ensure all comments are responded to in a timely manner and forwarded to the appropriate teams (for complaints & enquiries).
- Create timely, innovative and on-trend/news-worthy content to drive engagement and increase the following.
- Competitor analysis – regularly review what other travel and leisure companies are doing to ensure we’re offering comparable/more engaging and inspirational content/deals on the right channels.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to discuss and finalise what portion of the annual marketing budget can be attributed to content.
- When required, work with 3rd parties to deliver the above. This may include agencies, freelancers, contractors, and tourism partners.
Skills And Capabilities
- Passion for travel (and travelling!)
- Content management knowledge
- Content management systems
- Copywriting & editing
- Prioritisation & planning
- Social media & community management
- Analysis & reporting
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships
- Customer focus
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience - Essential
- Min 5 years experience in content creation and writing - Essential
- Experience in community management (Sprinklr knowledge desired) - Essential
- Experience in Drupal 7 Content Management Tool (or similar) - Essential
What We Offer
- Hybrid working – including remote working options & flexitime
- Opportunities to travel
- Hours: 37.5 p/w
- Rewards platform, cash health plan, travel discounts, in-house financial advice
- Employee share plan
- Consistently recognised externally as a ’Great Place to Work'
- Fun, social, egalitarian culture with a focus on ownership and responsibility
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. If you'd like to start your career with one of the world's leading travel companies, apply today.
Feel Free to reach out to Jack quoting JP915955
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.