Third Sector, Media and Information Officer, up to £31,025 DOE, 3 Month contract
Your new company
Third sector charity based in Edinburgh but travelling throughout Scotland
Your new role
The post holder works as part of a small team within the Marketing and Communications department and acts as Press Officer for the charities. The post holder is also responsible for working with visual impairment experts across the organisation to develop information resources for inclusion on the website.
What you'll need to succeed
* Working either as a journalist or as a Press Officer
* Working with the media and securing positive media coverage
* Writing human interest stories, including of a sensitive nature and / or about vulnerable individuals
* Strong relationship building skills and an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external, at all levels
* Proactive at sourcing and identifying potential stories
* Very high standard of written communication skills with a strong grasp of grammar
* Ability to conduct interviews face to face and over the telephone in a calm, patient and empathetic manner.
* Ability to work out of hours, for which TOIL will be granted
* Full clean driving license
The post holder may be required to travel to areas across Scotland to conduct interviews with service users to use in media stories.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available., up to £31,025 DOE, 3 Month contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.