Our client is a major player within the leisure and travel industry and is looking for a Global Director of Product Marketing. The purpose of this role is to drive the Product Marketing function for the group's corporate businesses and ensure they develop optimum strategy, positioning, messaging & competitive differentiation in the core products
This role leads a team of Product Marketers and will work with Product Owners, Sales, Marketing and Account Managers to bring go to market strategies to life capturing and translating customer and market insights
In conjunction with the broader Product Marketing team, the role will be key to launching new products and feature releases of existing tech and collaborating and supporting the regional marketing team to develop marketing communications planning/content and plan the timing of product updates and launches.
Customer Product Lifecycle Plan:
- Champion 'the customer' with internal and external teams
- Support the creation of customer insights for the product, including the provision of data and insights from quality and quantity data
- Drive the global delivery of product insights and analysis
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Customer value proposition for product/solutions
- Identifies target audience messaging and priorities
- Create and deliver customer life cycle programs to ensure retention
- Conduct relevant research to determine market opportunities
Go to Marketing Planning:
- Overall Marketing strategy for product
- Marketing programs to deliver on yearly/quarterly priorities based on business performance
- Determine future product requirements
- Create solutions/bundles to deliver to target audience needs
- Creates content for Product to address marketing priorities
- Prioritise offerings/solutions for explicit focus within a campaign
- Ensures that all routes to market are enabled on the campaign content (thought leadership/solutions/offerings) and route expectations to follow-up on leads generated
- Manages lead management for marketing generated opportunities with sales
Product Manager & Key Stakeholder Relationship:
- Sit on Product Steerco and work with product owners to distil customer insights for collaborative product innovation
- Collaborates and links with marketing peers to ensure proper timing and alignment of all marketing efforts
- Provides business with monthly updates on theme/campaign performance and additional help/content required to achieve business objectives
- Support sales through the sales cycle when product expertise is required
- Works directly with sales directors, AM’s & Ops and communicates sales objectives to relevant marketing groups to ensure alignment
- Coordinating development of marketing assets and training materials (in cooperation with Marketing and sales enablement)
- Develop and coach new team, giving them the guidance to reach their full potential
- Set-up Product Marketing function foundational systems and processes
- Set clear vision and goals for area and team
- 7+ years' experience in mid-senior product marketing, having held a similar position working across tech or services industry
- Experience in product lifecycle/customer lifecycle management and new product development methodologies
- Experience working with and preparing pitches for industry analysts
- Experience in analytics and insights Strong project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Marketing or related degree or qualification
If you’re interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information, please contact Jack Pascoe @ VMA Group on Tel. 07716091053 or email: email@example.com
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the digital, marketing and communications communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.