Public Affairs Officer - £20 per hour - 3 Month contract - Public Sector
Public Affairs Officer
£20 per hour (PAYE premium)
3 Month contract
Your new company
London Emergency Service
Your new role
The Public Affairs Officer will help to deliver the public affairs strategy, assisting with promoting key policy issues and campaigns, and on communicating the work and priorities of the organisation with key stakeholders, opinion formers and decision-makers.
The postholder will also provide intelligence and internal briefings to senior officers and other staff on engagement and public affairs issues.
What you'll need to succeed
* Provide comprehensive intelligence and monitoring of parliamentary, Greater London Authority (GLA) and local authority business and external events to senior officers and staff, including regular briefings on key issues, as required.
* Coordinate the services contributions to answers for Mayor's Questions and briefings for People's Question Time, the State of London Debate and related events.
* Manage the process for the services responses to external consultations, including informing senior officers of new consultations, maintaining a database of relevant consultations and ensuring responses are submitted to deadline.
* Develop and maintain lists of key external stakeholders and systems for recording contact and interactions with them.
* Oversee responses to correspondence and other public affairs enquiries ensuring that they are appropriate, timely and consistent.
* Work with the public affairs manager to identify opportunities to promote the services campaigns and work with external audiences.
* Maintain an up to date awareness of the political environment both nationally and locally.
* Represent the organisation at internal and external events and meetings.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.