Our client is the leader within the design, built and consultancy world, with a primary goal is to develop a truly sustainable built environment. This means that in all their work, they aim to identify a balance between the needs of a growing world population and the finite capacity and health of the planet. With this superb objective our client is keen to bring on board a Global Marketing Lead, specifically with Climate and Sustainability experience within the design and built environment.
The purpose of this role is to raise the profile of the organisation’s climate and sustainability services and to position them as the consultant of choice for clients seeking to build a sustainable future.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in confirming and strengthening the companies positioning as consultant of choice for impactful climate and sustainability services across the chosen areas of focus. This work will articulate how the company delivers value by articulating how they work with clients to develop and implement their net-zero and sustainability strategies, build greater climate resilience, and contribute to greater equity and a just transition.
As a member of the global Climate and Sustainability Services leadership team, the global marketing lead for climate and sustainability services will contribute to strategy and planning, including analysis and decision making in the areas of competitor analysis, new market entry, and new service development. The right candidate will lead development and delivery of a focused marketing strategy and a series of annual strategic marketing plans designed to achieve targeted positioning of the climate and sustainability services and client engagement.
Working collaboratively with global marketing and communications colleagues - particularly colleagues leading the markets portfolios - and across the regions, you will implement the climate and sustainability services marketing strategy, ensuring activity is integrated within the global and regional marketing and communications programmes and campaigns.
This role will include but is not limited to the following activities:
- Lead development of marketing strategy and annual marketing plans for the Climate and Sustainability services, including development of key messages, new content, and focused multichannel marketing and communications. The Climate and Sustainability Services marketing strategy and annual plans will be guided by and integrated within the global marketing and communications plan.
- Deliver annual programmes of tactical marketing activity that raise awareness of, strengthen the positioning of, and create opportunities for client engagement for the climate and sustainability experts, with a focus on how the organisation contribute to advancing a net zero, climate resilient and sustainable built environment. Activity will be both planned and reactive and is likely to include targeted thought leadership content using a range of media, new and updated web content, associated social media, virtual events and awards as well as selective pursuit of industry speaking engagements, articles and opinions pieces for high-profile media outlets and institutions.
- Establish and lead a collaborative community of marketers focused on climate and sustainability services, with representation from all regions, working closely with regional marketers to ensure global and regional marketing plans and campaigns are strategically aligned and to achieve strong regional leverage of global campaigns and initiatives as well as the sharing of best practice.
- Analyse and report regularly on the performance, value and impact of climate and sustainability services marketing activity as a way of achieving continuous improvement, contributing to development of the climate and sustainability services strategy, and as part of the annual strategic marketing planning cycle.
- Deliver occasional internal marketing updates about the achievements and priorities of the climate and sustainability services teams and experts, working with key stakeholders and global and regional internal communications teams.
- Substantial knowledge of and strong personal interest in climate change policy and business’ response to it, including discussions about routes to effective implementation of decarbonisation, climate resilience and a just transition for organisations across the built and natural environment.
- Several years’ experience of marketing and/or communications for organisations active within climate change and/or sustainability services, ideally combined with a professional qualification in marketing, communications and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Experience of developing and delivering focused marketing/ communications plans, including commissioning, editing and promotion of agenda-setting client engagement material, thought leadership content and events.
- Knowledge of and/or strong interest in the sustainable future of urban environments and the transformation that will be needed to achieve this.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including advanced understanding of English grammar and usage (English as a first language is not a requirement)
- A personable and collaborative working style with strong skills in the presentation and communication of ideas, founded on good listening and interpersonal skills and a commitment to positive stakeholder management.
- An ability to integrate ideas and plans within wider programmes of marketing and communications activity and an ability to prioritise multiple, parallel activities.
- An appreciation of brand management and a commitment to championing good brand governance.
If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information, please contact Jack Pascoe @ VMA Group on Tel. 07716091053 or email: email@example.com
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.