Your new company
My client are a leading FMCG brand, producing leading British Foods and owned by one of the top 10 worldwide food producers. They pride themselves not only on their market-leading ranges, but their commitment to working with UK producers and increasing their recyclable packaging to 100%. We are excited to be partnering with them to recruit the job of Category Insight Analyst for their Surrey offices, with up to 3 days work-from-home per week.
Your new role
Your job as Category Insight Analyst will be to analyse category data from a mix of sources to provide actionable insights to the wider business on customer trends and growth opportunities. You will be aligned with a key UK retailer, analysing data across all categories and presenting your findings - giving excellent exposure within the business.
You will be:
* Driving the category relationship within the supermarket estate and growth channels, both directly and through supporting the Senior Category Manager
* Working closely with the different functions within the business to proactively highlight business issue / opportunities
* Delivering actionable insight for both businesses and growth channels through pulling and analysing data from a variety of sources and turning this into recommendations on range, merchandising and promotions to drive category growth
* Owning the range review process for key touch points, including analysis, customer facing presentations and internal communications
* Working with the relevant Brand and Commercial teams to deliver compelling NPD propositions that are based on category insight and align to the retailer specific category plans
What you'll need to succeed
This role could suit a variety of backgrounds; we welcome applicants with graduate-level (6 months+) experience in FMCG/Category with strong Excel and Analytical skills looking to develop and grow a career in Insights. We would also welcome hearing from applicants with prior experience in a Category Analyst role, with strong Excel, data management and analytical skills, a demonstrable track record in turning data into insights & business recommendations, with great presentation and communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to work with a top tier retailer, taking on cross-category analytics and presenting insights to the wider business in a position of exposure and trust within both the business and the retailer - a real opportunity to shine and gain recognition for your hard work!
What you'll get in return
Depending on experience, you will receive a salary of up to £42,000 plus benefits including a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme, shares plans, staff retail discounts, and 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays. You will also have the opportunity to work flexible from their beautiful Surrey offices with up to 3 days per week home working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.