Internal Communications Manager - Band 7 NHS - 3 Month Contract
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER- NHS
£250-£300 day rate (Dependant on experience)
Start date: 20th June
Contract Length: 3 months
50/50 remote and office working (London)
Your new company
NHS trust- London
Your new role
This is a senior role reporting to the Head of Internal Communication.
* Working closely with the Chief Executive and Executive Directors supporting them to involve and engage our staff and volunteers with the Trust's vision, strategy and key priorities.
* Working with senior managers and clinicians across the Service, providing specialist internal communications expertise and advice around sensitive or complex issues.
* Where appropriate you will support business areas to develop impactful internal communications campaigns, designed to reach all the relevant staff and volunteer groups.
* Responsible for managing the internal communications planner, you will be familiar with creating content across a range of channels from intranet news and features, email bulletins, to face-to-face presentations and as well as devising great digital content to share across our internal social and live stream channels.
* You will be competent at creating content for a diversity of audience groups and are familiar with both written and audiovisual styles of communication.
* Maintain and improve internal communication and staff engagement channels on an ongoing basis, evaluating their effectiveness, providing evaluation and evidence of their impact.
* Specifically, the Internal Communications Manager role will lead in the delivery, implementation and evaluation of various internal communications activities and campaigns.
* You will be confident in implementing new ideas from concept to delivery and developing innovative and engaging communications campaigns.
* You will have a strategic mindset but you'll also show agility and be able to deliver against tight deadlines, with competing and sometimes fast changing priorities.
* Lead high profile internal communication projects such as the annual staff survey, staff recognition activities, immunisation communications, and leadership engagement events and be responsible for maintaining quality standards across internal communications channels and projects, developing ideas based on audience insight and inspiring the team to continually improve, maintain high performance and demonstrate impact through robust evaluation.
* Have a good grasp of financial and supplier management, ensuring the team operates
* within budget and obtains best value for money.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of managing and developing staff to deliver organisation wide, departmental and personal goals
* Proven experience of developing, implementing and evaluating internal communications strategies / plans / activities
* Proven experience of delivering effective internal communications in a complex organisation, including seeking feedback and undertaking
* audits / surveys
* Experience of providing specialist internal communications advice and making decisions on responding to communications requests on complex, sensitive or high profile issues
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.