Siemens Mobility Limited is looking to recruit a Marketing and Sales Support Consultant to support its UK Rolling Stock and Customer Service businesses on a full time basis.
Reporting to the UK Sales Director, the role will provide marketing and sales support services to Siemens Mobility’s metro, commuter, high speed, light rail and customer services business.
This is an exciting time in the UK rail industry with the company engaged in some of the highest profile rail projects including Thameslink and the Deep Tube Upgrade Programme and advanced plans to build a new UK rail manufacturing facility. Further industry change is also expected with additional projects in development.
This is an important role to support the sales, bid and senior teams within a busy business. The successful candidate will research market trends and data, support high profile events, create effective and understandable sales and marketing literature and develop meeting briefing documents, as well as helping with the internal flow of information. They will be adept with understanding large and complex projects and work with both UK and overseas colleagues.
What are your responsibilities?
- Develop, support and maintain the RS/CS (Rolling Stock / Customer Services) marketing plan
- Support the sales team with the implementation of the marketing plan and in particular creation and execution of high impact go-to-market launches. This will include but not be limited to:
- Product-related Content for Communications and e-Business
- Product USPs
- Planning the right events, exhibitions, trade fairs and roadshows
- monitoring and report on KPI achievements
- Customer / competitor analysis and market research to maintain a constantly online and up to date analysis of trends, sales results, relevant data related to the railway industry and competitor offerings
- Actively support excellence in CRM utilising the appropriate tools at Super-User level
- Managing customer networking plans and events and developing / managing a wider customer engagement plan
- Creating relevant presentations and marketing literature to support the sales function in effective customer meetings and dissemination of key messages
- Managing local monthly briefs, webcasts and updates using relevant channels
- Working closely with colleagues both in the UK and overseas, including communications colleagues
- Working within and promoting an ownership culture and encouraging colleagues to do the same.
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with specific marketing/sales-related experience (essential)
- A good understanding of challenges in a diverse matrix organisation (essential)
- Fluency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Expertise in a broad range of marketing disciplines such as content marketing, CRM, influencer marketing, brand research, event management, etc.
- Experience of developing clear and effective marketing and sales collateral and presentations, including effective copywriting
- Ability to manage finance and compliance requirements (i.e. raise purchase order and manage compliance-related approvals)
- Strong organisation and activity management skills, with the ability to prioritise key activities
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects on time and within budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Knowledge of the UK rail industry would be very helpful
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.