Events Co-Ordinator - 2-3 month interim - £19.08 per hour - Guildhall
£19.08 per hour (PAYE premium)
2-3 month interim
Private Events- Guildhall
London- Hybrid working
To undertake the day to day co-ordination and facilitation of the events, assisting with the planning and management of bookings, including marketing and venue enquiries and associated administrative tasks.
To be responsible for the detailed organisation of the Corporation hosted events, including civic ceremonies and dinners
Your new role
To be a first point of contact for enquiries relating to the letting, to create quotes, and to arrange and conduct show rounds for prospective clients and suppliers.
To be responsible for the arrangements for events, including:
* Providing detailed advice and guidance about the services and facilities they can offer.
* Identifying and resolving issues that arise with clients during the preparation and delivery of their event in a tactful and discreet manner.
* Liaising with facilities staff.
* Producing briefing notes and other correspondence for events.
* Raising invoices via the Oracle system and monitoring payment to ensure it is made in line with the City Corporation's terms and conditions.
* Providing support at the event, ensuring that the client's needs and expectations are met.
* Obtaining and following up on feedback.
To ensure client information is entered accurately onto the diary booking system (Priava) and the CRM system.
To follow up and confirm provisional bookings or release them to maximise utilisation of the venue.
To be responsible for day to day maintenance of event files for events ensuring all paperwork including contracts, checklists, background information, risk assessments and payment are completed and signed prior to each event, identifying any issues and resolving in an appropriate way.
To work with the Private Events Manager to actively monitor and review services provided by the Facilities Management team (including cleaning, maintenance and security) to ensure that services are delivered to the highest standard.
To attend Court of Common Council meetings and take part in the Election and Admission of Sheriffs, Election of Lord Mayor and Silent Ceremony.
To organise City Corporation hosted events, including-
* Preparing budgets and reports necessary to take forward an event.
* Placing orders with suppliers and where applicable, monitoring each event budget to ensure costs are contained and audit requirements are met.
* Creating floorplans and producing briefing notes and other correspondence and documentation for each event.
* Advising City Corporation Members, officers and outside bodies on matters connected with arrangements for individual events.
* Reviewing post event correspondence and feedback to highlight and address any issues.
To support business development and marketing through collaboration and input into the team's social media plan
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.