We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and results driven individual with significant digital marketing experience to join the Marketing team as a Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will play a key role in a small dynamic team that work across multiple sectors that Gemserv operate in.
Are you an ambitious marketer looking to make a positive impact on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across key sectors such as energy, health, cyber, and digital transformation, in the UK? Are you looking for a role working within a dynamic, growing organisation that rewards hard work with fantastic growth opportunities? If so, this role could be for you.
This new exciting role has been created to lead our digital marketing performance, as well as an increased focus on lead generation and business growth. The role will oversee the Energy and Low Carbon sectors of our business so a background and interest in these areas is preferred, as well as experience in working with similar professional service organisations. The successful candidate will need to be self-driven and quick to learn and adapt. They must also have the ability and experience to help in driving a busy team, while also building strong relationships across key departments in our business. Ideally you will have worked in a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple departments and stakeholders, with multiple brand and product responsibilities. Business development and knowledge of how sales and marketing work together is also required.
Marketing Manager responsibilities include:
- Deputising for the head of marketing when required.
- Responsible for the reporting of all digital media analytics, and performance data (social, dynamics, web analytics).
- Review and approve with HOM all paid search, programmatic and social advertising activities. Identifying trends and insights to optimise spend and performance.
- Curate and proof content for media releases, thought leadership pieces, brochures, social, award submissions and external presentations (Including design, copy writing, and proofing).
- Work closely with the Business Development teams and Business unit leads to identify opportunities for growth, managing marketing plans and objectives for key sectors, products and services.
- Can deliver strong marketing activity that can drive leads, engagement, and increase customer lifetime value and nurture prospects for the business development teams. Understands how to run A/B testing and identifying personas for greater targeting and efficiency of campaigns.
- Oversee the updates of the Gemserv websites’ by utilising the Content Management System and ensuring that all news content, images and content are updated regularly and optimised using effective SEO approach.
- Confident in using Dynamics as a super user to run campaigns and being able to report back to Business Development leads on status of lead generation and maximising dynamics potential.
- Confident in organising and co-ordinating proprietary and external events, such as external exhibitions, webinars, podcasts and conferences.
- Managing and directing content for reports, short form video, media, animation, and infographics.
- Maintaining strong external relationships with external suppliers. (strong admin skills).
- Championing the company branding and corporate identity throughout the business, communicating guidelines and standards internally.
The role will be to manage a wide range of marketing functions most specifically across the Low Carbon (sustainability) and Energy sectors of the business. As well as the day-to-day requirements of various internal and external marketing outputs. You will need to demonstrate significant experience in the following areas:
- Management of social media campaigns, paid media, SEO, analytics and reporting.
- Creative and innovative approach to marketing campaigns.
- Confident in writing copy and proofing for all media channels.
- Team management responsibilities.
- Experience of using Marketo and or Dynamics software (to super-user level).
- Capabilities in design, creation of content for social media, and off-line marketing.
- Experience in the developing of Marketing plans and implementation.
- Website maintenance, event organisation (virtual and in person).
- Maintaining internal and external relationships, and managing key stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Experience of working in a results driven, lead generation environment.
- Experience of having worked in a similar business or professional services organisation (preferably within energy or an organisation focused on the environment and sustainability).
- Experience of having worked in a fast paced/dynamic environment working to tight deadlines, and managing multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. Experience in managing on/offline marketing campaigns/activity and multi-stakeholder projects.
- Has experience in managing and directing content for reports, short form video, media, animation, and infographics.
- Experience in handling confidential information and client management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Can produce copy for both on/off-line media to a high standard. (A written test may be required during this interview process)
- Focus on attention to detail and quality of outputs is essential owing to the nature of our business; the work we do with clients and high-profile bid work.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with (Microsoft Word and PowerPoint/intermediate-advanced level) is required.
- Experience in using SharePoint, and Teams or similar platforms is desirable as well as competence in other applications within the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using Pardot, Mailchimp or fatmailer is also desirable.
- In addition, an understanding of IT programmes used in marketing, publishing and CRM applications; including web management, multimedia design and database management such as InDesign, Photoshop, Photoshop, adobe creative suite are desirable. Skills attained in Adobe premiere and Adobe audition would be advantageous.
- This role requires the candidate to be proficient in using Microsoft Dynamics 365. Experience in using Marketo or Sales Force would be accepted – but experience in using CRM based marketing tools is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
- THE COMPANY
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.