Job Title: Evaluation Officer (Widening Access and Participation)
Salary: £27,924 - £30,497 per year
Job type: Permanent, Full time.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Evaluation Officer to join the Student Recruitment Marketing Department. The purpose of this role is to enable and coordinate evidence informed practice, evaluation, and encourage the continuous improvement of our work to support students from underrepresented groups to both access university, and then succeed whilst at University.
You will work within the Widening Access and Participation team, and collaborate with colleagues across wider central services, and with faculties to help deliver our Access and Participation Plan (APP). You will effectively influence others to help in the fulfilment of our APP by confidently leading others to follow the evaluation approaches required by the Office for Students.
* Previous experience in the design, delivery, and analysis of surveys, focus groups, interviews and other mixed method data collection methods for effective evaluation that informs practice.
* Experience in and a passion for collaboration and co-production with key stakeholders to inform practice. You will also be experienced in the handling of multiple projects and monitoring their progress.
* A confident and effective communicator with the ability to present and explain information clearly, including evaluation methods and data analysis techniques to a range of audiences with varying levels of experience.
* Highly collaborative and able to work professionally within a large complex organisation with minimal supervision.
* Be able to quickly develop relationships with a wide range of people and demonstrate high levels of commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and widening participation.
* 23 days annual leave plus 13 bank holiday and University closure days per annum.
* Positive work life balance and have a range of schemes in place to support this.
* Your continued professional development is as important to us as it is to you and we demonstrate this through our investment in your CPD activity.
* Automatically enrolled into the Local Government Pension Scheme
* Staff benefits platform, which provides you with discounts across the high street to help you save money on your everyday spending such as supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, dining out and more.
* Discounted membership to our state-of-the-art sport and leisure facilities.
Edge Hill University is "A great success story… an institution that improves and impresses year after year" - Times Higher Education.
You'll be working for a multi award-winning institution that has been named Modern University of the Year in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 and shortlisted for the overall UK University of the Year award. Edge Hill has also recently been awarded University of the Year in the Educate North Awards (2021) in recognition of our continued commitment to deliver an exceptional student experience and the exceptional progress we have made to deliver investment and innovation over the past 12 months, while placing students at the heart of everything we do.
The University has judged Best UK Employer (European Business Awards 2016) and highly commended in Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards 2017 for Workplace of the Year.
The Times Higher 'University of the Year' award celebrated our distinct role in "transforming lives" - reflecting a distinctive philosophy of creating opportunity from excellence.
Based on an award-winning campus in West Lancashire, Edge Hill University offers a stimulating and empowering environment for ambitious and high performing professionals.
Please click APPLY to be redirected to our website to complete an application form.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Customer Insight Analyst, Customer Insight, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Strategy Analyst, Marketing Account Executive, Commercial Analyst, Marketing Executive, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Officer, Marketing Analyst, Data Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Analyst, Information Analyst, Client Data Analyst, Experienced Data Analyst, Data Administrator, Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Data Handler, Systems Analyst will also be considered for this role.