Communications Officer 1 years FTC £30,000 -335,000 to start ASAP- Southeast London -Hybrid working.
As part of the Press & Communications team you will work with colleagues to identify, research, and develop great stories on research, teaching, student successes and the unique experiences of our students as they become the healthcare leaders of tomorrow. You will tell these stories through digital and social media, compelling internal campaigns, launches and activities to inspire, engage and build King's reputation for excellence. Through your clear, accessible, and engaging outputs, you will play a key role in supporting a community of staff and students to get the best out of their at the University.
* Work with Head of Communications and the Senior Leadership Team on communications for strategic, change and operational management.
* Produce written and rich media content that effectively informs, motivates, engages and involves internal and external stakeholders and tell the story of the faculty and university's strategic vision; and adapting it to suit a range of communications channels such as website, newsletters and social media
* Internal communications lead for cascading relevant information to staff and students; drafting and oversight of senior management communication from senior staff (Executive Dean, Dean of Education, and Vice Deans); adapting and editing of university central messaging to reflect our culture, audience and leadership 'voice'
* Support the delivery of internal and change communications through different channels, including email newsletters (and sharing relevant content with the wider communications network at the university); online meetings and forums (via Microsoft Teams); and contributing to broader networks and working groups where communications expertise will add value and insight.
* Create mini campaigns centred around key initiatives at the university (such as Welcome Week for new students) as well as in support of national/international awareness days/months (such as Black History Month, World Mental Health Day etc) and key strategic high profile promotional opportunities such as the Research Excellence Framework 2021 including online and design and print
* Contribute to the faculty social media channels, curating and posting content that captivates target audiences, designing social campaigns and measuring and evaluating engagement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the below: -
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
* Excellent standard of English (e.g., A Level standard)
* Good working knowledge of a broad range of communications activities (websites, social media, events, marketing, media, publications).
* Proven track record of supporting the development of and contributing content to successful communication campaigns. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a proven ability to adapt style for a variety of channels and audiences.
* Accurate and methodical approach to work, with a keen eye for detail. Proven ability in producing high quality accurate work with tight time scales
* Excellent IT skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, databases, and social media).
* Take a proactive approach to work, knowing when to work independently and flexibly but also when best to work as part of a team. Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive and determined approach.
* Ability to comprehend complex situations quickly, providing creative solutions to ensure results are achieved and objectives are met. Ability to manage time effectively, work flexibly and prioritise workload.
* Proven ability to research and identify communications opportunities with effective project management skills. Familiarity with using web analytics tools and how to use this data to improve communications and influence strategy.
* Experience of designing and developing webpages, writing and publishing content to online digital platforms including podcasts and videos - providing training and support where necessary. Experience of working with e-communications, including the preparation and distribution of e-newsletters/bulletins.
* Collaborative attitude to work, supporting others, demonstrating tact and diplomacy. Ability to build effective links and relationships with a range of stakeholders.
* Knowledge and experience of working in the higher education sector
* Passion for science and mental health
* A postgraduate qualification or professional experience in communications, public relations, or marketing.
* Experience of using Content Management Systems and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience. Ideally interviews will be held on May the 10th