HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS - CHARITY - PETERBOROUGH - MATERNITY CONTRACT 12 MONTHS
I am proud to be working in partnership with CITB who are based in Peterborough and who are recruiting a Head of Communications. This is a pivotal appointment where you will join their senior leadership team on a 12 month maternity contract.
CITB aims to lead the construction sector by example to ensure fairness, inclusion and respect for all. They seek to build a workforce that reflects Britain's diverse population and people from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply for vacancies.
About the role:
You will provide their customers, stakeholders and colleagues with clear, simple, transparent and consistent communications and information to make CITB an easier organisation to deal with, improve customer satisfaction, raise awareness, influence perceptions and maximise the reputation and credibility of the CITB brand. To lead & inspire the communications team, maintaining a high-performance culture to achieve agreed outcomes that support CITB's strategic aims.
* An excellent communicator with demonstrable ability to develop communications that resonate with different target audiences
* Demonstrable experience of leading organisational communications to achieve impact
* Experience in leading and inspiring teams and colleagues to achieve new levels of performance and outstanding results
* Experience of managing & coordinating multiple programmes of activity simultaneously identifying interdependencies and conflicts in order to streamline activity for customers
* Extensive experience in working with external agencies to deliver high quality work to defined budgets.
* A recognised marketing qualification at degree or postgraduate level and recent experience of leading a marketing function.
* Experience of managing and monitoring effectiveness of a marketing department and improving efficiency, effectiveness and return on investment
* Strong communication and influencing skills to clearly explain and justify (using evidence) CITB's marketing strategy position to senior stakeholders internally and externally
* Experience of managing budgets and resources
* Evidenced success in changing customer views and perceptions
* Knowledge of public sector/not for profit environment
* Relevant post-graduate qualification
* Knowledge of the construction industry and built environment
In return they are offering the following benefits;
* Car/Car Allowance
* 33 days holiday per year (Including bank holidays)
* Flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and insurance
* Pension scheme
* Employee discounts
* Long service awards
* CITB recognition scheme
* Employee assistance programme
For more information about the role and the organisation please contact me for an informal discussion, or alternatively click apply with your up to date CV and a cover letter.
Closing date for all applications will be on 1st May.