Excellent opportunity for a strong Marketing Manager with experience in a product-led business. £35-40k.
Your new company
You will be working for a fast growing B2B retailer, who despite the recent Covid19 pandemic have experienced significant growth and are now looking to recruit a career minded Trading Manager to join their management team and work in their head office in Poole. It's a unique opportunity to work for a highly respected product led business who are challenging some of the biggest names in industry. There is an excellent benefits package, parking on site and there is scope for the role to develop as the company continue to grow.
The role is open to someone with commercial trading experience, working in a hands-on capacity who will be responsible for all aspects of trading operations. There is parking on site and it's easily commutable from all of Dorset by car.
Your new role
Responsible for day-to-day activity that influences the profit and loss for the division, this role will proactively and diligently drive the day-to-day trading activity required across products, pricing, promotion and people to exceed short- and medium-term sales, profitability and customer acquisition/retention targets within it. Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Management of day-to-day trading activity to deliver on KPIs set by Senior Trading Manager - with monthly profit-and-loss reporting and commercial analysis of activity as required
- Ownership of proactively improving sales, margins and profitability ratios in the Shelters, Furniture & Safety divisions, relative to marketing spend and stock investment
- Proactively driving improvements and managing direct marketing collateral via printed marketing, websites, email marketing, and more to generate greater product sales, quotes and profitability
- Delivering on product led marketing initiatives in conjunction with Product Innovation Team to ensure a steady stream of successful new products being launched
- Working directly with operations to manage and optimise ongoing product life cycles, stock values, cost pricing, sourcing/supplier opportunities and range architecture
- Working with direct marketing teams to optimise online and printed marketing conversion rate, circulation, spend and return
- Analysing response to marketing activity and proposing refinements and improvements as necessary
- Identifying new opportunities and launching new business units within the safety and facilities remit
- Supporting the Senior Trading Manager with sign off, reporting and planning
- Day to day management of a team of 3 x junior traders and executives
What you'll need to succeed
- Have a proven track record with at least 3 years in b2b eCommerce and/or product marketing positions.
- Have demonstrable experience of proactively initiating and leading product or market led initiatives that generate significant growth in sales and profitability.
- Can demonstrate and quantify successful experience of working in eCommerce and/or direct marketing, as well as marketing physical products.
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of the 4 P's as well as merchandising and core eCommerce metrics. - Have a good of understanding of business, product and customer life cycles.
- Possess strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- experience of business analysis to profit-and-loss level is highly desirable.
-- Are entrepreneurial and curious, with a strong bias for investigation and action.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary of £35-40k
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- Other fantastic benefits
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.