External Affairs Advisor- Government and stakeholder engagement
External Affairs Advisor- Government and stakeholder engagement - permanent position- £40,000- £45,000 - Surrey/London based - Hybrid working policy- Start Asap
We are looking to hire an External Affairs Advisor who will be tasked to promote UKAS as national accreditation body and the use of accreditation, particularly in public policy, working with government departments, agencies, devolved administrations and other UKAS stakeholders.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Raise awareness of the benefits of UKAS accreditation with Government departments and agencies, devolved administrations and other UKAS stakeholders.
* Develop and maintain public policy intelligence gathering mechanisms for UKAS, based on political monitoring, PR, social media, contacts in trade and consumer bodies, news sources, events etc; update External Affairs and other teams on intelligence gathered.
* Develop UKAS messaging and communications material including social media, case studies and other materials.
* Engage with government departments and agencies, devolved administrations and other UKAS stakeholders on specific projects.
* Follow up any opportunities identified resulting from government initiatives to ensure that accreditation is considered as a viable option to proposed schemes and that input is made to relevant consultation documents. Work with UKAS Development Managers to ensure that any identified opportunities are properly followed up.
* Manage UKAS projects such as External Affairs engagement projects and projects gathering evidence on the value of accreditation.
* Represent UKAS in external meetings and events.
* Organise engagement events for UKAS stakeholders e.g. an annual reception and other meetings as required.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of working in government/government agency or with government
* Experience of creating messaging and communications campaigns
* Experience of monitoring social media to gather intelligence and information
* Track record of project management
* Degree or equivalent qualification
* Knowledge of policymaking and government processes
* Understanding of political, economic, societal and technological trends
* Outstanding communications skills (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills; able to express complex technical issues for a non-technical audience
* Excellent ability to distil information from multiple sources, make linkages and articulate core messages
* Ability to build partnerships and work with groups of differing interests
Benefits for this role include:
* Life assurance/ income protection
* Discounted gym membership
* Cycle to work scheme
* Private healthcare insurance
* Perkpal (shopping discount scheme)
If you are interested in this role, please do apply with an updated word version of your CV If you have any questions regarding this role or any other roles available, please do not hesitate to contact me.