About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, started to transform our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Reporting to the Senior International Marketing Manager, this role reflects our increased international scale as over the last few years, we have taken over distribution in a number of key markets and built our direct-to-consumer channels (Brompton Junction retail stores and ecommerce). To meet our growth ambitions, we need to build awareness, engagement, and trial amongst a broader range of prospective customers, while localising the global marketing strategy.
This role will take ownership for developing and executing marketing plans in the Europe direct distribution markets working with in-territory sales managers and the global marketing team. Responsible for the full marketing mix in the direct distribution markets of France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. This role can be based in London (Brompton HQ in Greenford, West London), or in Paris (working remotely with HQ).
Measures of success
- Creation and execution of EU marketing calendar, informed by prospective consumer and performance market insights for the region [France ~50% focus].
- Achievement of marketing objectives within region (including brand awareness, web traffic, CRM database and delivery of partnership marketing campaigns through Retail network).
- On-time and on-budget delivery of all regional marketing campaigns and activations
- Support delivery of regional sales targets.
EU Marketing Plan – Development and Execution
- In conjunction with Senior International Marketing Manager, Sales Managers, and Global Marketing team, develop and execute the EU marketing calendar through activation of global brand campaigns and the creation of local campaigns, with the retailer network and Brompton Junctions.
- Own the delivery of the EU marketing plan to ensure achievement of commercial and marketing objectives. Adapt your plan where required to ensure all opportunities are maximized.
- Provide local recommendations for the paid media plan in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and create dedicated marketing plans targeting growth in specific cities and channels where required.
- Where relevant, work closely with the Events team to plan and coordinate events in your region.
- Oversee local social media management (via agency / freelancer), in line with global social plan
- Liaise with third parties as required, such as PR or Comms agencies, to execute your regional marketing plans.
- Increase organic traffic to Brompton.com, working with Web Content team and Digital Agencies.
- Identify and increase reach and engagement of CRM program, through prospect acquisition and increased loyalty of owners.
Key Account Partnership Marketing
- Develop partnership marketing plans for key accounts including co-created marketing campaigns to drive awareness and sales of Brompton products to retailer audiences.
- Ensure alignment and usage of Brompton-created content into marketing plans with key retailers.
- Manage all VM and POS requirements for key accounts including co-creation, adapting the design and delivery of VM and POS to stores (including negotiating space for store or windows displays in conjunction with sales as required).
- Improve omni-channel customer experience for Brompton at key accounts; Offline, survey key store locations, working with retailers’ marketing teams to increase visibility and premium displays; Online, conduct website audits of key retailers, generate recommendation and work with Retailers’ marketing teams to see these improvements implemented to improve brand visibility online.
- Ensure all Brompton product launches are effectively communicated and planned to maximize launch impact with key accounts.
- Attend regular marketing meetings between Brompton and key accounts.
- Monthly reporting to senior management on key account activities and tracking.
- Management of partnership budget, specifically tied to key account performance and ROI.
Trade and Retail Marketing:
- Increase visibility and awareness of Brompton in retailer network across your region.
- Support the delivery of the Retailer Accreditation Program, working with Retail Marketing team to forecast and see delivery of benefits such as VM kits.
- Brief in requirements for retail and trade marketing activities (including POS, sales literature, and campaign elements) to Retail Marketing Team.
- Ensure delivery of trade communications, in conjunction with Retail Marketing Team. Work with EU Sales team to ensure relevant communication is sent to each market.
- Implement POS and campaigns to market once assets received from Retail Marketing Team.
- Increase visibility and awareness of Brompton across the retailer network in your region.
Advocacy and Community:
- Working with PR and Comms teams, uncover opportunities for local advocacy (public affairs) for the FR market, and wider EU in time. Develop plans and build strong relationships with advocacy partners across the region to support future ‘Campaign for Movement’ and purpose-led initiatives (focused around Brompton Junction stores).
- Work to increase engagement with local Brompton communities across EU. Develop initiatives to drive Database acquisition through your community marketing and events plans.
- Budget Management: responsible for marketing budget for France, Belgium, Neths, Spain & Italy.
- Reporting: responsible for monthly, and comprehensive quarterly reporting on regional marketing activities. This role will be required to present and report to senior managers on a regular basis. An analytical approach to uncover insights from KPIs is essential.
- This role will require travel across the region to support marketing activities, events and gather local insights through Retailer channels and in conjunction with Sales team.
- Strong marketing experience, with at least 5 years’ demonstrated ability of managing marketing plans, with significant experience in retail marketing
- Proven experience of managing omni-channel joint business plans or partnership marketing with national/multi-site Retailers
- Fluent in English
- Proven experience building and managing significant marketing plans, projects and budgets
- Strong reporting and analytical skills to be able to uncover insights from data, and use this to inform decision-making
- Digital marketing experience, ideally gained through working alongside e-commerce teams
- Marketing or Business degree, or equivalent level of qualification
- Fluent in one other European language [French, Spanish, Dutch]
- Experience working within cycling, sports or outdoor industry
Personal attributes and skills:
- Commercially minded with a strategic approach to prioritization.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Autonomous and proven self-starter.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence and persuade others, and work within large global marketing team.
- Culturally aware and able to interface well with stakeholders from various regions.
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution