About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, started to transform our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this is a newly created role to reflect our rapid DTC development and digital transformation. Brompton is on a journey to accelerate our global presence and sales growth, and the Senior Performance Marketing Manager will be central in driving towards our ambition. This role will establish and lead the Performance Marketing team, building the foundations of this function at Brompton, with ownership over the global media and performance marketing budget and developing specialists to manage SEO/SEM, Paid media and Digital Performance Analysis.
As a data-driven and analytical individual, you’ll have a proven track record of implementing successful multi-channel performance marketing strategies across international territories. You’ll be used to leading and motivating dynamic and talented teams and be ready to bring that experience to make your mark at Brompton.
Measures of success
- Achievement of media & performance marketing objectives and KPIs
- Improving effectiveness of paid media through reducing CAC and improving ROI
- Support delivery of DTC sales targets
Performance Marketing Strategy & Management
- Define the media and performance marketing strategy for customer acquisition, setting the direction to deliver against our brand growth and sales ambitions.
- Manage the global media and performance marketing budget, ensuring the in-house and agency teams are set up to achieve traffic, sales and ROI targets across key international markets.
- Own the multi-channel global media plan from planning to execution and optimisation. Drive the integration of full-funnel campaigns across brand, performance and ecommerce.
- Define audiences and targeting for each element of the media plan, aligned with our overarching marketing strategy.
- Provide a clear view and intelligent understanding of the Brompton customer acquisition funnel. Work with the Digital Performance Analyst to develop an attribution model, utilising insights to continually improve effectiveness & ROI.
- Support the development of the SEO & Content Strategy, executed by the SEO Manager, Content team and agency partner, responsible for organic performance.
- Collaborate with the CRM and Insight teams to inform a data driven acquisition, loyalty and referral strategy which delivers efficient and profitable growth.
- Work with the wider marketing team (Brand & Creative, Comms, Regional Marketing, CRM) and business functions (DTC - Ecommerce & Retail) to deliver a holistic plan which delivers against business objectives and provides an exceptional end-to-end omnichannel customer experience.
- Liaise with content and ecommerce teams to build seamless customer journeys including the on-site experience.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through paid, organic and owned channels, promoting a test and learn approach to ensure we are at the forefront of acquisition opportunities.
- Lead the management of the media and digital agencies ensuring KPIs and SLAs are met and maximise the value Brompton gains from these partnerships.
- Establish, develop and lead the global Performance marketing team responsible for driving paid, organic & owned channels, rapidly building our in-house capability and technical expertise.
- Support and develop the Digital Marketing Manager in China (dotted line responsibility), guiding the creation and execution of the local performance marketing strategy.
- Advocate for a ‘performance mindset’ across the wider team and business, fostering a deeper understanding of customer-centric, data-driven marketing and the integration of digital activities into omnichannel campaigns.
Budget management & Reporting
- Day to day management of the global Media and Performance Marketing budget
- Set and report against media & performance marketing KPI’s (incl. traffic, CAC, ROI)
- Responsible for regular performance reports which lead to clear actionable insight to drive improvement and efficiency.
- Accountable for weekly, monthly and annual forecasts and channel budgets which clearly present future growth opportunities.
- Minimum 7 years’ media or performance marketing experience in Client or Agency roles
- Deep knowledge of performance marketing, across multiple channels
- Proven track record delivering full funnel paid media strategies which drive improvement in qualitative and quantitative business metrics
- A strong understanding of media measurement and attribution methodologies
- Worked in a global role or across multiple international markets
- Experience growing consumer lifestyle brands with a DTC digital focus
- Advanced Google Analytics and data analysis
Personal attributes and skills:
- Highly commercial, results and data-driven
- Natural leader with the vision and capability to build a new function and team
- Comfortable presenting and influencing at all levels of an organisation
- Highly motivated, a clear communicator with brilliant interpersonal skills, able to deliver concise feedback and direction to internal and external stakeholder teams
- Comfortable leading complex cross-functional projects to deliver high impact results
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, driving change in a rapidly evolving business
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and co-operate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
- A choice of working hours
- Competitive holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits.
- Christmas Parties, Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching.