Marketing Manager, London, perm position
Marketing Manager - Permanent role, up to £40,000, part time £40,000 - Start ASAP
A co-educational pre-prep and prep school for boys and girls from age 4 to 11 years is looking to hire. Their mission is to help each and every one of the children be their best and they require a marketing manager to assist them in their mission.
* Design and implement the school's marketing strategy, detailing the marketing objectives, performance indicators and strategies required to support delivery of the school's overall strategic plans, with a primary target being the growth of pupil numbers.
* Work with the Headmaster and the Leadership team to ensure clarity on overall positioning/USP's of the school and the effective communication of these messages through appropriate marketing channels.
* Play a lead role in brand uniformity, ensuring that all communications to external parties (parents, media, other schools) are reviewed to ensure consistency of messaging and style.
* Actively contribute to discussions about developments in the school's positioning and product offering to allow entry to new markets.
Marketing & Communications
* Use the marketing strategy to prepare detailed marketing plans (priorities, targets, tactics, timeframe, resourcing) for defined market segments
* Execute the plans for promotion and external communications through multiple channels e.g. advertising, PR, recruitment fairs, events, website, social media, and parent communications.
* Ensure that the website is the core 'shop window of the school' ensuring it is up to date, relevant and maximised for SEO and digital campaigns
* Develop a clear content plan that supports both current and potential new parents via the core social media channels and track the impact
* Deliver effective events for both student recruitment (in terms of open days) and parent retention (mixer evenings, groups, talks)
* Develop relationships with other external organisations that can support the generation of new inquiries into the school e.g. educational consultants/agents, relocation and estate agents, embassies, businesses and community groups.
* Maintain good communication within the school community; teachers, colleagues, parents and children.
* Review the correspondence to potential parents, ensuring that they are nurtured through the pipeline via newsletters and invites
The successful candidate must have:
* Educated to degree level
* Recognised Marketing qualification(s) desirable.
* Experience of shaping and implementing impactful initiatives in a marketing/business development/public relations role would be essential.
* Proven experience in implementing successful Social Media strategies
* Experience of working in a school, in any role, would be desirable. Experience and knowledge of the independent school sector, including boarding, would also be an advantage
* Experience in a professional environment.
* In-depth understanding of the principles and practices of marketing and effective customer relationship management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, either in person or on the phone. * Designing promotional materials in various forms.
* Strong organisational and time-management skills with ability to multi-task and to prioritise conflicting demands to meet deadlines. * Problem solving
* Confident handling, analysing and presenting data
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office packages, especially Outlook, Word, Excel.
* Management and updating of websites.