Hertfordshire County Council Senior Support Officer Hertford, Hertfordshire
Are you looking to kick start a career within a local authority?
Are you passionate about people and providing outstanding levels of service?
Have you got experience in a customer enquiry environment?
Are you an experience administrator looking to learn and develop your current skill set?
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Support Officer within the Customer Interaction Team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding role dealing with highway complaints and enquiries. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our busy team as a Senior Support Officer.
You will possess excellent attention to detail, be a good self-motivator with the ability to work in different teams and to provide a high level of customer service. Excellent communication, both written and spoken, IT, attention to detail and customer service skills are essential. You will have an enquiring mind and be able to work well as part of the Customer Interaction Team.
You will be joining them as a temporary colleague in the first instance with the potential for extension after 3 months.
The start date for these positions is immediate if successful after interview.
You will enjoy an hourly rate of £10.84 and accrue holiday as you temp, along with access to other benefits.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Duties may involve a combination of the following tasks:
* Utilise software packages such as Microsoft Office, and preparation of letters and documentation according to local procedures and statutory / legal requirements
* Update and manage computer databases and spreadsheets, provide reports and assist in compiling information such as statutory returns, manage and track expenditure.
* Provide professional support to Senior Officers and Managers dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, answer telephone calls and provide information as a first point of contact
* Undertake a range of administrative duties such as note and minute taking, filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying and deal with all general matters including cash handling, correspondence, invoices and timesheets according to local procedures.
* Manage and respond to enquires / concerns via telephone and email.
If this sounds like a great role to you, please apply immediately and we will call you to discuss the application.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.