Senior Campaigns Officer - Local Government- Upto £400 day rate
Location: East London Council (Hybrid working)
Upto £400 day rate
3 month contract (with opportunity to extend)
Your new company
An East London Borough Council (local government)
Your new role
* To lead, develop and operationally manage campaigns that help the council achieve its objectives whilst meeting the needs of our residents and businesses.
* The role holder manages a number of key campaigns ensuring the team makes full use of digital channels and work with the policy and the wider communication team to help the council achieve its objectives.
* To ensure quality, value for money and that we continually learn from insight and analysis of our work.
* To deputise for the Campaigns Manager and support the Head of Strategic Communications in delivering high quality award winning campaigns that enable the Council to deliver its priorities
* To ensure the council's campaign programme makes use of the best available channels across the wide spectrum of communications disciplines
* To have good experience of the core professional disciplines of marketing, media, internal and digital communications
* To be responsible for the delivery of a number of campaigns ensuring all activity is monitored and evaluated and reported back regularly to the organisation
* To generate positive stories that uphold the council's narrative and be able to write and produce content appropriate for different channels
Knowledge and Experience:
* Use of digital media and familiarity of different digital channels
* Planning and delivery of communications strategies and activities
* Creating video and infographics for digital platforms
* Providing direct advice and briefing to senior managers and/or elected members on media and reputation issues
* Working across a wide range of communications projects including media, campaigns, marketing and events
* A strong understanding and knowledge of national, regional, local and specialist press relevant to local government and the boroughs communities
* An understanding of local government, the services provided by local councils, and the responsibilities a council has to its residents
* Excellent writing skills with a clear, concise and lively prose style, and the ability to write for a range of different audiences
* Ability to translate complex information into a clear and approachable format for a wide range of audiences
What you'll get in return
* Flexible working options available.
* Opportunity for contract extension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.