A bit about us…
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years, giving us unrivalled authority, trust and integrity.
We are here to provoke debate about the biggest questions in marketing, the stuff that is important. Through our focus and award-winning content, we help marketeers improve their influence and impact.
We spotlight the depth and breadth of what marketers do, whatever industry, whatever challenge. We’re not just a cheerleader though. We’re also the industry’s chief critic, pointing out bad practice as well as good.
How you will help us grow….
The jobholder is responsible for helping Marketing Week’s audience of senior marketers with insight and help deliver the brand’s business objectives.
A day in the life…
- Sourcing, investigating and delivering content including, news analysis, features and podcasts.
- Profiling senior industry figures
- Keeping up-to-date on industry priorities and developing relevant and timely content
- Developing a strong contacts network
- Attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables, and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week at all times
- Developing an understanding of social media and how to leverage it to promote content.
- Supporting Xeim Labs and Festival of Marketing by helping deliver partnership and other content
Who will guide me…
Insight Editor and all your colleagues at Marketing Week.
What we look for in you…
- Ability to produce accurate content quickly and within deadline
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery
- Managing competing deadlines
- Ability to generate contacts both in and outside working hours
- Previous experience in a reporting role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
What success looks like…
- Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic.
- Develop a contacts and data source network to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading news and analysis
- Constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere