People Partner paying £38,000 plus £5,000 car allowance - Manchester/Leeds based
We are looking for a remote working People Partner who is looking for their next big challenge.
We have an exciting opportunity working for a UK based master franchise in international restaurant chain.
You will be the influencer of site-level talent across their regional area teams, supporting their management teams to drive the delivery of excellent training and influencing them to strive for consistent & best in class standards.
HR / ER: Main duties and responsibilities
Translates business requirements in partnership with senior managers into effective HR practices to
* Deliver and embed people solutions aligned to business objectives.
* Using performance and appraisal data to support the remuneration and promotion processes ensuring fairness and consistency.
* Ensures that all HR queries & ER issues are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Own the training and education of ER practices and deliver on a needs-based basis to RGM's
* Proactively identify knowledge gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to ways of
* working or negate risk.
* Actively identify knowledge gaps, propose, and implement changes necessary to improve ways of
* working or negate risk.
* Working with the Head of People to formulate the HR & Engagement business plan for the year ahead
* then working diligently to deliver all aspects within the plan.
* Displays a tenacious approach to analysing site results by getting into the detail of all reports.
* Uses data to monitor and report on key performance indicators; identifying trends and implications for the business and to propose and recommend appropriate interventions.
* Train senior site managers to effectively utilise the recruitment HR toolkit to ensure that excellent recruitment/HR practices and decisions are aligned with our recruitment process & procedures.
* Upskill senior site managers to have the 'eye' for best-in-class talent.
* Advise senior site managers on how to recruit, onboard, train and develop through following the correct procedures to ensure consistency.
* Ensure that Talent Mapping is used to identify current organisational capability, identify all critical roles and required development and succession planning for all management levels. Professional Facilitation
* Educate senior site management levels within the region by coaching them to demonstrate consistency of our talent identification processes to ensure only the best in class, calibre and standards across the business are maintained.
* Drive talent & succession reviews within your region to identify those next in line to develop & join the senior management team; working with site managers to ensure a healthy internal pipeline.
* Drive classroom workshops for senior management within your region to continuously upskill & develop, encouraging an environment for others to develop and grown within UK.
* Drive the knowledge to senior managers to ensure structured feedback on performance is given to their teams through the business appraisal & review processes. Training
* Represent the business restaurant training across your region, by leading & participating in key people projects that affect how our training offer evolves and remains fit for purpose, alongside business change.
* Ensure that every new senior management starters within your region understands our HR practices and systems.
* Continually review & feedback to improve training process, giving senior management feedback regarding their training styles & techniques.
* Repeatedly provide constructive feedback on behaviors to senior management and teams during their training process.
* Provide feedback to senior managers regarding talent, calibre and training progress within the Region including any issues which may be affecting training completion, which may hinder the succession plan.
* Track succession planning across the areas, using information from the training budget to identify success and positive return on investment. To be successful, you must have …..
* A Passion for people, a strong work ethic and a passion for driving results.
* Functional HR experience within the hospitality industry is desirable but NOT essential. (QSR preferable.)
* Experience to demonstrate success as a coach/trainer.
* Ability to influence & drive people success.
* Strong drive for results and ability to self-manage
* A hunger for success
* An eye for detail
* A structured & consistent approach to work
* Full driver's license The People Partner role operates Monday - Friday, 9am till 17.30.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.