A leading London University is Looking for an Events Co-Ordinator to start ASAP This is a six-month role and has the potential for a permeant opportunity. The salary is £28,208-£30,445 and it's 35 x hours per hour -Hybrid working
The role sits within the event management section of the Venues team, which is responsible for co-ordinating events that have been confirmed, by finalising details with the client (both internal and external), preparing event plans, co-ordinating with internal service teams and ensuring the event requirements are delivered. The purpose of the role is to act as a link between Venues Sales and the event booker, acting as the subject matter expert for options around room lay-outs, catering, audio visual, risk assessments, staffing requirements and additional services.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Liaison with QM Sales for handover of events when confirmed / contracted.
* Point of contact for internal and external event organisers.
* Communication of the event schedule to internal service providers.
* Liaison with hospitality, audio visual and porters on event planning.
* Enquiry handling for questions around QM Venues event management service.
* Working as a team with the event management colleagues.
* Post event follow-up and billing in line with pre-event expectations
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade A-C including in English and Mathematics
* Educated to degree level in a relevant field or equivalent experience
* Relevant experience in events or hospitality
* Experience of using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Knowledge of event booking systems (QM use Kinetics)
* Experience in venue planning and operations
* Experience in a customer focused environment
* Flexible and professional approach to work -some weekends and evening work may be required
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Organised, able to multitask with competing priorities
* An eye for detail, ensuring accuracy in everything undertaken
* Flexible and professional approach to work
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up-to-date CV highlighting all your relevant experience.