An exciting Category Manager opportunity.
Your new company
A large public sector organisation in the South West
Your new role
* Working with the Procurement team to develop and implement the procurement policy and strategy
* Supporting the business units with spend interrogation, categorising and reporting to provide both baselines and ongoing dashboard reporting to validate value.
* Enhancing supplier and stakeholder relationships.
* Coordinate purchasing activity and maximise savings and value for money in line with the group's strategy and vision.
* Support and in some cases develop complex analysis and modelling solutions for category management, supplier performance management and change projects.
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous experience in a similar role will be the key to your success
* Strong commercial awareness
* Committed to process improvement
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Communication skills
* Good working knowledge of Procurement structure
* Self motivated
What you'll get in return
* Flexible working options available.
* Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.