*Please only apply if you are on 1 months notice or less*
Your new company
A FTSE100 business and one of the oil and gas supermajors, with operations in almost 100 countries and over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Your new role
'The company have created a daily email newsletter sent to all staff globally, plus company alumni and business partners. It provides its readers with a 5-minute summary of the company and energy industry news and is written in a concise communication style, as used by a range of news brands and journalists to communicate essential news and explain its impact on readers quickly and clearly.
We are looking for an experienced and talented business writer/reporter to join the team in the UK, which is made up of three full time writers based in London and Houston respectively.
* Contribute articles the company's daily newsletter, covering internal and external news from the company and the wider energy industry
* Draft pieces in the given format, focusing both on immediate stories to run in the next day's edition and longer-term pieces, including those requiring internal input and approval
* Attend events, webcasts and townhall-style meetings to report back key findings for articles
* Search for news pieces during the day to be able to pick out the most relevant to appear in the newsletter
* Research market trends across key areas of the company
* Keep up on trends in the energy and wider geopolitical industry to either write stories about these issues or know how they fit more widely into day-to-day pieces.
What you'll need to succeed
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline (preferably communications, journalism or business)
* 3-5 years' experience as business or technical writer/reporter
* Strong writing skills, particularly the ability to break down complex language into clear, conversational content
* Strong organizational skills to be able to plan for both the next day's edition as well as weeks ahead
* Flexibility with the ability to juggle multiple pieces of work at a time
* Must have strong teamwork and networking skills to be able to forge relationships at all levels within the company and work with teams across the business
* Must be able to operate on a steep learning curve, with strong research skills to learn about new topics at short notice to be able to write knowledgably about them.
What you'll get in return
A desirable benefits package including a competitive salary, hybrid working and a generous holiday allowance!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career