Job Title: Legacy Marketing Officer
Location: Hampton, Middlesex
Salary: £31,000 Pro Rata
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time - 21 Hrs per Week
We are looking for someone special to join our experienced and high achieving legacy team as our new Legacy Officer. You will be working closely with colleagues in the marketing team (particularly digital) to drive our legacy pipeline and future income.
This role is vital in contributing to the care and well-being of the amazing veterans and their partners that we look after. Our legacy income ensures that veterans will always have a home, now and in the future.
You will be joining a values-led organisation working within our dedicated fundraising & marketing department. We are passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people we care for and ensuring they receive the care they need to live life to the full.
* To develop, drive and deliver a fully integrated marketing campaign designed to generate legacy enquiries and ultimately increase number of pledgers
* To provide an excellent supporter experience to legacy donors with a focus on converting all enquiries to help create a secure income pipeline
* To assist with the administration of pecuniary and residuary legacy cases up to the value of £100k.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Design and deliver an annual programme of marketing and communications designed to support a stable long term legacy pipeline
* To oversee the creation and design of all associated marketing materials and messaging working effectively with colleagues in the marcomms team
* To work collaboratively with the Digital Officer on a year-long online marketing programme which includes our free will offers
* To be innovative in our marketing, taking a test and learn approach. We are not afraid to push the boundaries of what we do
* To conduct regular analysis on all marketing activity and report accordingly, adjusting the programme as needed
* To manage and develop the legacy stewardship programme ensuring there is a clear journey from enquirers to pledger to donor
* To create appropriate levels of recognition from the provision of information and materials, to potential events (pandemic dependent).
* Manage the administration of a small portfolio of legacies with a value up to £100k ensuring that all potential benefits to Royal Star & Garter are maximized referring complex or contentious issues as appropriate
* To work effectively and sensitively with a range of external professionals including solicitors, executors (including lay) and other beneficiary charities
* Effective and accurate recording of all legacy cases using both First Class and Raisers Edge and following agreed procedures
* Identifying matters which pose a significant financial and/or reputational risk making appropriate referrals as per the agreed delegated authority policy.
* Identify potential supporter stories for use in marketing materials - utilising both in mem and legacy gifts
* Effective cross team working, particularly with colleagues in the fundraising, marketing and finance teams
* Promote and deliver the highest standards of care, respect and support to residents, colleagues and others
* Role model our values in all aspects of work
* Undertake other duties as may be required and which are consistent with the nature of this role.
* Self-starter who is an independent thinker
* Able to set and manage own priorities
* Flexible and adaptable - particularly as the team evolves both its structure and processes
* Demonstrable experience of running successful marketing campaigns, ideally with a focus on legacy giving
* Proven experience of providing high quality legacy administration support in a charity environment, including knowledge of will, tax and probate matters and the ability to scrutinise and reconcile estate accounts, to ensure Royal Star & Garter's interests are protected
* Proven planning and multi project experience with the ability to manage own workload
* Ability to effectively manage a range of external professional relationships
* Excellent communication skills in person, over the telephone and via email
* Experience of working in a busy and complex and specialist environment with high levels of organisational skills
* Computer literate, confident with excel, word, email, power point and using databases (preferably First Class and Raisers Edge)
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Legacy Officer, Legacy Administrator, Legacy Support Officer, Legacy Engagement Manager, Legacy Development Officer may also apply for this role.