How you will help us grow….
The Business Development Director for Xeim Engage will lead the identification and qualification of large pieces of major new business to drive topline growth for Xeim.
In 2020 Xeim’s top 75 clients delivered an average annual spend of £150,000 each. This new role will accelerate the identification, qualification and sale of large-scale opportunities to more brands and brand leaders who fit this category of spend.
This role will require a high level of proactivity to identify, nurture and mine new business opportunities through personal network, Xeim resources and the development of a hard-working and effective client database and leads strategy. The role is the front-end of the funnel for all new business leads from new enterprise clients.
The programmes sold will be bespoke, drawing on our most valuable content & consultancy including Econsultancy & the Marketing Week Mini-MBA in Marketing with Mark Ritson. S/he will ensure our approach to new business meets high standards of operational discipline and delivery and exceeds commercial and financial goals.
Once the pandemic has ended it should be expected that the role will incorporate a high degree of time-spent outside of traditional working hours networking, attending and speaking at events.
A day in the life….
Dynamic business development
- Develop a sales plan including a pursuit list of top target companies that fit the priority one (P1) profile: major multinational and national brands with significant ATL advertising and large marketing depts.
- Demonstrate high proficiency and success in identifying new P1 contacts for Xeim Engage, and subsequently play a key role in developing those relationships and winning business from these clients.
- As allocated by the leads triage process, convert MQLs identified by Marketing into closed won opportunities by understanding and anticipating client needs and creating high-value solutions that exceed expectation.
- Develop compelling and powerful proposals to bring the Xeim Engage proposition to life.
- Lead pitch processes and calls with senior marketing clients. Coordinating the Xeim response with relevant internal resources including the project management team.
Sets direction and inspires
- Use sound judgement to grow Xeim Engage revenues through compelling and motivating proposals and presentations, inspiring the prospect-pool and meeting and exceeding agreed strategy and objectives.
Achieves commercial and team success
- Consistently exceeds individual revenue targets.
- Exceeds individual activity requirements to achieve the required run rates.
- Is a visual and vocal ambassador for Xeim Engage and its component brands, building the profile of our offering through owned channels, events, social media and interactions
Builds strong client relationships
- Builds, nurtures and leverages strong client relationships, leading to repeatable programmes.
- Sets up client relationships and major projects for success. Working with the project management team, ensuring governance, legal, finance and tracking systems and processes are all in place.
Builds strong internal relationships
- Builds, nurtures and leverages strong internal relationships across Xeim’s wider new business, client management, project management, and customer success teams to ensure mutual trust and respect, maximising efficiencies and seamless client outcomes.
- Builds, nurtures and leverages strong relationships with other Xeim brands in particular Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Marketing Week, Mini MBA series and Festival of Marketing teams.
- Supports the creation of a healthy, engaged and inclusive working environment that retains and grows our talent.
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering high-quality results and exceptional Client service.
What Success looks like….
- Financial delivery of new business: sales of £1m+ per annum.
- New Business: Highly visible and proactive in developing and winning new business, with a clear role in contributing to the Xeim Engage target. Identifying and targeting indirect reports with financial KPIs where relevant that must be met to deliver the revenue expectations for this role.
- Marketing: Play an active and proactive role in supporting the Xeim Marketing teams to maximise every earned and owned opportunity to drive the new business (and existing business) pipeline.
- Leadership: Lead by example and be known as the leader of New Business for Xeim Engage.
- Delivery: Ensure new business proposals and presentations are written and delivered with excellence every time. To achieve this excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills are expected.Management: Accountable for overall smooth running of Xeim Engage’s new business strategy, ensuring regular weekly status meetings are happening and regular 1-to-1s are in place with the Xeim Engage Managing Director.
- Xeim collaboration: Strong demonstration of collaboration with the wider Xeim Engage, Econsultancy and Xeim teams.
- Senior level visibility: Positive feedback and recognition from Xeim Exco of the positive effect and contribution of the role on the overall business.