Great opportunity to work within a worthy public funded charitable organisation.
Your new company
You will be working for a fantastic public sector charitable organisation who is looking for a Policy and Public Affairs officer based in Edinburgh to support the Director and be the organisations eyes and ears with regard to external policy, media and research developments, thus ensuring that the organisation is ideally placed to maximise the potential for, and does not miss any opportunities for, progressing its policy -influencing agenda.
Your new role
As an experienced policy and public affairs professional you will support the Director and steering group members through identifying and analysing relevant policy, providing advice and developing evidence-based positions, carrying out research, monitoring media and policy activity, responding to consultations, organising events and providing administrative support.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you ideally be educated to degree level with 5 years' experience in similar role. You will also have:
* Demonstrable knowledge of public health issues.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Scottish politics: systems, parties and context.
* Demonstrable ability to advise on, help develop and communicate policy positions.
* Demonstrable ability to build, maintain and utilise relationships with different groups of stakeholders, both internal and external.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard working and commitment you will be rewarded with:
* A competition salary
* Pension: with employer contributions of 9%.
* Holidays: 23 days annual leave pro rata (with incremental increase over five years to 28 days) and 11 days public holiday
* Life assurance scheme.
* Long-term income protection scheme for those unable to work due to illness.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.