Your new company
A FTSE100 business and one of the oil and gas supermajors, with operations in almost 100 countries and over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Your new role
The communications manager, internal communications & campaigns is a central role, supporting the development and delivery of employee communication priorities across the company. The role holder will serve as a flexible resource for the needs of the company's Internal Communications team. Working collaboratively with communication professionals from across the company will be a key part of the role. The role will be well suited for someone who can get up to speed quickly, bring people together and establish positive working relationships, and develop as well as deliver internal communications strategies on a variety of topics with different degrees of complexity. The role holder must be comfortable providing advice and guidance on internal communications matters. Excellent writing, project management, planning, and multi-channel internal communications experience are essential.
* Build strong relationships to understand the context and strategies of the stakeholders he/she supports
* Develop and deliver effective internal communication activities that will help improve employee's understanding of the company's purpose, ambition and strategy and help employees do their job in more effective ways
* Lead and manage communication programmes or projects end-to-end, including overseeing delivery and production of collateral.
* Advise internal stakeholders, including senior leaders, on events/issues that need to be communicated internally
* Ensure alignment of central internal communications activities across the company's businesses and regions to maximise effectiveness and reach, working with external-facing communication teams where appropriate
* Manage internal communications events (such as webcast or Teams Live sessions)
* Measure the effectiveness of communication approaches and suggest recommendations to drive improvements
What you need to succeed
* At least five years experience gained either in-house or from an agency in corporate communications, with a focus on internal communications.
* Experience in proposing, planning and delivering effective internal communication strategies to achieve desired business outcomes
* Excellent English writing skills and ability to convey complex topics in simple language to multiple audiences
* Well-developed critical/analytical abilities - a strategic thinker who may bring new approaches to reinvigorate and improve the effectiveness of internal communication tactics
* Experience of using a range of channels, including intranets and internal social media and the O365 suite of tools (PowerPoint, Word, Teams, Planner)
* Excellent team player with the ability to work across the organisation and with a wide range of stakeholders as well as working unsupervised and on their own initiative
* Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage conflicting and competing priorities.
* Confident at forging stakeholder relationships at a senior level and able to advise on internal communications best practice
* Ability to produce excellent quality work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
What you'll get in return
A desirable benefits package including a competitive salary, hybrid working and a generous holiday allowance!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career