As the Strategic Marketing Director – Land you will play a dynamic and integral position as part of the first line of the Business Growth team, aligned to the Land sector. You will work closely with the Key Account Management and the Account team members, as well as the business entities locally and Global Business Units (GBUs) who serve the Land sector and the British Army account.
Reporting directly to VP of Strategy & Marketing for Thales UK you will focus on building highly collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships with internal sector-facing colleagues, external customer representatives and industry partners, ensuring that the Thales value proposition and brand is clearly articulated and understood.
Collaborating with Land sector your primary responsibility will be to construct, maintain and share a common view of market and competitive dynamics for this account and segment, as well as articulate core customer and stakeholder’s insights to the business. This is a varied and dynamic role and will include but is not limited to the following key areas of responsibility.
Key Account Marketing
- Maximising the impact and coordination of Thales Marketing interactions with Land within the Account Team to deliver greater value to the account and bring together individual BL marketing engagements.
- Within the Account Team, lead the Integrated Marketing Campaigns aligned to business goals, which determine the target audience, the key themes and strategic messages, which the Communications team activate through the channel strategy.
- Development of key marketing messages from value pricing or value proposition activity to support the SAM/KAM with differentiated value selling and thought leadership.
- Localising and customizing standard GBU Segment Marketing propositions to address the needs of Land customers and ensure that we pull through the full breadth of Thales offers into the account.
- Generate new business models that offer customers new ways of transacting with Thales on a transversal whole company approach.
- Contribute local market knowledge to the GBUs Segment Marketing activities to help set shared ambitions, strategy and objectives; such that the global segment recognises UK capabilities within the global export offers.
- Identify and manage internal and external network of resources needed to create sales enablement content and track and measure execution.
- Create the messaging needed to attract inward investment to the Land sector in support of Thales business growth objectives.
- Propose to the businesses suitable ecosystem partners from industry and academia who would support Thales’ growth aspirations within these sectors and accounts.
Thales are looking for a senior marketing professional with a successful track record in planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns, ideally within the UK Defence sector, but very open to people who have previously worked for B2B or B2G organisations. Working experience and existing relationships within the Land sector would be advantageous but is not an essential pre-requisite, given that you have the ability to build and foster excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will possess a passion for networking and have the ability to operate on equal terms with senior executives, while maintaining good relationships with supporting functions. It is important you also have excellent business development and commercial/business acumen, with the ability to bring methods to increase value through the development of relationships, markets and customers as part of an account team.
This is a career enhancing opportunity, where you can leverage your marketing expertise and leadership skills in a dynamic, innovative technology business, where you directly impact the success of our business results through effective integrated marketing campaigns.
Samantha Oswald, Manager for Hays Oxfordshire & Reading is managing this role exclusively, so please contact her directly on 01865 972130 for more information or to apply.
** All applications, speculative CVs, internal applications and external applications will be sent through to Samantha at Hays to ensure an equal and fair process.
** This role requires SC Clearance in which you will need to satisfy the criteria for application, please refer to the UKSV website for more information **