Are you our clients next unicorn? Do you have experience in Research, UX Design and UI Design, with experience of working on complex projects? I would love to speak to you!
Tate is excited to be working with one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, to recruit for a UX Designer to join them on a 6 month contract basis. This is an exciting time to join the company as they evolve their portfolio from desktop/on-premise towards cloud/SaaS, upgrading existing products to new technologies and modern UX, as well as developing brand-new solutions.
As Senior UX Designer, you will be involved in the design and development of a range of products, working alongside growing the UX team, Product Managers and scrums teams to translate business requirements into UX deliverables consistent with the client's overall UX strategy. You will be involved in creating high resolution prototypes to support the UX team, as well as contributing to UX requirements / cross-product outputs and evolving the visual design of the client's products.
Strong visual design skills and strong prototyping in Figma / XD are essential, and working knowledge of CSS and UI implementation is a benefit. The current UX team is enthusiastic, involved and comprises a very strong overall skillset. In both roles, the candidate must supplement the skillset of the existing UX team and be able to work alongside them at the same level and semi-autonomously.
* Help define the user experience and strategic evolution of several intertwined product suites to push the boundaries of Insurtech
* Work with users, product owners, technical product managers and subject matter experts to perform UX research and convert business requirements for a specific product or feature into visual and interaction designs and specifications (e.g. wireframes, personas, user journeys), and iterate these designs in an agile context considering technical limitations and user feedback.
* Define UX requirements at user story level, bearing in mind technology and project constraints, and conforming with a set of corporate branding guidelines
* Review the deliverables produced by the development teams and provide feedback as appropriate on the quality and usability of the UX implementation,
* Understand and edit HTML/CSS (Bootstrap-based) assets for use by one or multiple scrum teams and integration into product code
* Contribute to the evolution of the UX function within the organization, working with the Head of UX and other UX designers to roll out processes, best practices and tools in line with developments in the UX industry
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
* 5+ years as a senior hands-on UX designer working in an Agile environment across a range of commercial enterprise-level B2B/B2C products,
* Excellent research and workshop facilitation skills, with a view to eliciting user requirements via User Journey workshops, guerilla testing of prototypes and user testing of products in development
* Excellent visual and interaction design skills for desktop and web applications, ability to quickly iterate mockups, wireframes and interactive prototypes
* Proven ability to produce creative and original designs whilst conforming with a UX strategy aligned with corporate branding guideline
* Appreciation of current and emerging UX trends along with their potential benefits and limitations
* Excellent attention to detail and high-quality standards whilst being pragmatic and delivering at pace against ambitious deadlines
* Hands-on experience with tools such as Figma, Adobe XD. Photoshop, inVision, Illustrator
* Experience with the agile software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment
* A self-starter with initiative, and the ability to work autonomously
* Strong presentation and verbal/written communication skills
* Ability to influence product managers and development teams - can justify design decisions through solid reasoning based on UX principles, user research, and product knowledge
* At ease working in a UX and project team environment, can provide and receive constructive criticism
* Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Interaction, Graphic Design, Web Design or related design field
* Familiarity with WCAG and ADA guidelines for accessibility
* General knowledge of HTML & CSS (Bootstrap, Foundation), with hands-on coding or editing ability to develop production-level assets for use within product releases
* Experience working with Microsoft VSTS/Azure DevOps and Git
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.