Events Executive - 4 to 6 months fixed term contract - £25,000
Events Executive - 4 to 6 months fixed term contract - £25,000 - 4 days working from home, 1 day in office
A national tourism agency is searching for a bright, passionate events executive to assist the team on the busiest period of the year. With two major events and one based in Berlin, they are looking for an organised dedicated executive who will get right into the role. To support the Events Manager and the team in delivery of the event portfolio - ensuring that all events are delivered to a high standard, within budget and that delegate and partner expectations are met and if not exceeded.
Your main responsibilities:
* Support the operational delivery of the events in the UK and overseas ensuring that all events are delivered to a high standard and within budget
* Work and form relationships with a wide range of event suppliers - event management, AV, branding, caterers, etc. - working through procurement and providing detailed briefs
* Develop and assist with the management of event programme, event master plan and schedules
* Managing our presence at key overseas exhibitions, liaising with event organisers in a live and virtual capacity
* Brief and manage exhibition stand contractors for stand design and build to meet corporate and partner requirements
* Build relationships our stand partner and oversee the collation of required information and graphics
* Manage caterers and ancillary events (e.g. partner dinners, on-stand events) as needed
* Develop briefing documents for delegates, event staff, speakers and VIPs
* Respond to queries from delegates in an efficient and timely manner
* Research, source and manage venues and hotel providers. Creating requests for proposals for venues or destinations as appropriate
* Oversee transport provision as appropriate
* Evaluate each event and continually seek opportunities for improvements and development of the event programme
* Events Administrative support
* Take the lead and be the expert on using our delegate registration/management system and virtual event software. Communicate updates alongside looking for more efficient ways of working through the use of technology and ways of enhancing the delegates experience
* Oversee the 1-2-1 appointment system/software for workshops ensuring a good match between suppliers, buyers and media
* Build registration forms, functions and reporting tools which will enable us to collate the data needed to run events efficiently
* Constantly reviewing and keeping up to date with tools that would be beneficial for the team and events
* Ensure that the relevant information is mapped to our CRM system for reporting and evaluation purposes.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of supporting the delivery of a variety of events such as, exhibition stand presence, trade shows, workshops
* Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload efficiently, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Computer literate with excellent understanding of standard office packages, particularly Microsoft Excel as well as event software systems.
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience or please do get in touch to discuss the role in more detail.