Senior Communications and Campaigns Officer - Public Health - 6 Months - £40,000 per annum
Your new role
Location: North London Borough
Contract Length: 6 months (with opportunity to extend)
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
*This post requires working unsocial hours and playing a full part in the delivery of out of hours and emergency communications, including a 24/7 news and media handling service
* Operational, day-to-day delivery of media relations, digital communications, crisis management and communications campaigns.
* While managers in the team will be available to provide advice and guidance, the person in this role will be confident and capable of taking the right decisions to protect and enhance the council's reputation
* To lead and take ownership of the council's Public Health communications, developing and implementing a communications plan that will embed recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic alongside wider, strategic Public Health messages targeted to key audiences across the borough
* To work closely with the council's Director of Public Health and local NHS and CCG communications functions, to ensure an effective, joined-up approach to communications with key audiences
* To support the implementation of the Strategy Department's business plan and Communications and Campaigns plan to ensure residents are informed and engaged with the work of the council
* To develop, take ownership of and drive forward imaginative communications campaigns to promote initiatives and services within a large and complex organisation
* To manage the council's relationship with the local, regional, national and trade media, both reactively and proactively to support its key campaigns and priorities
* To play a key role in media management and monitoring
* To be responsible for daily social media activity and digital communications for the council with tactical, hands-on knowledge of how to generate high levels of engagement in support of council plans and campaigns
* To apply search engine optimization to improve online content
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.