Please note that due to the current COVID restrictions our employees are working remotely from home, with occasional visits to the office. The successful applicant will be required to work from home initially, with the option of hybrid working or becoming office based at either our Cowbridge or London office, once it is safe to fully reopen our offices.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Monday 22nd November 2021. We reserve the right to close this advertisement early or extend, dependent on the volume of suitable applications.
At FFT, we’re passionate about turning great ideas into great products which enable pupils to achieve their full potential and schools to improve.
FFT is a non-profit organisation established in 2001 as part of the Fischer Family Trust.
We provide services and resources to schools. FFT Aspire is used by thousands of schools LAs, MATs and chains in England and Wales and across 40 countries around the world. Teachers use the analysis we provide to inform the setting of ambitious and aspirational targets for students - and our analysis of pupil results and pupil progress provides school leaders with insightful data to support school improvement and self-evaluation.
We also publish literacy resources for schools, including a systematic synthetic phonics programme, Success for All Phonics, which is fully validated by DfE. In addition, we offer a Tutoring service for pupils, approved by DfE.
This is an exciting new role in a fast-growing educational business, delivering services and resources to UK schools. You'll develop and deliver marketing campaigns throughout the customer journey from awareness to conversion, as well as leading on the retention strategy. Your workload will be hands-on and varied: devising and creating strategy with the Director of Marketing and hands on with new campaigns, developing bespoke marketing communications. You will need to be highly organised and work effectively – prioritising to get things done.
You'll make decisions based on data and insight but have the creative ability to translate data into compelling collateral. You will have excellent digital marketing skills and experience and be passionate about understanding the results, to drive continuous improvements in your plans to meet targets. You will directly manage a team of two marketing executives whilst also managing larger project specific teams as required.
The role will be varied and challenging working with colleagues across the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a compelling marketing strategy
- Communicate effectively with target audiences
- Implement marketing plans, advertising, e-marketing and campaigns
- Write clear, factual material and persuasive marketing copy, and proofread copy for both online and print campaign
- Produce, with the support of the marketing executives, creative content, including case studies, videos and blog posts
- Run social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) to enhance audience engagement and conversion
- Manage third party designers and have good sense of design
- Manage the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy
- Organise attendance at conferences, both virtual and physical to achieve maximum ROI
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare monthly reports for management
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Proven marketing skills, preferably with experience in the education sector
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- High level of data literacy and data analysis skills
- Deep knowledge of optimising SEO, SEM, social media
- Strong copy writing - factual and persuasive
- Managing teams/people
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Organisational skills with a good work ethic
- Familiarity with CRMs and google analytics
- Excellent IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Extensive digital marketing experience in a similar role (minimum of two years)
- Proven success in managing marketing campaigns delivering growth with a clear ROI
- Experience of planning marketing strategy
- Experience of reporting on campaigns to key stakeholders
- Experience of creating compelling content
- A good degree or higher in marketing or similar
- CIM qualification
- Reliable. Organised with a strong attention to detail
- Outward-facing. Someone who is good at building positive relationships
- Results focused and resilient. You will be someone who likes to get thing done, proactive and happy to be hands on
- Confident and emotionally intelligent
- Team Worker. Open and collaborative. A clear communicator and listener.
- Innovative. Focused on improvement and continuously looking for better ways of achieving results
- Ambitious for high standards
- Experience of working in the education sector. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the UK schools’ market.
- Experience of using Salesforce for day-to-day marketing activities
Hours of work
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The salary range for this role is £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending upon experience. In addition to the base salary you will also receive a generous benefits package, see the Perks section below for further details.
Either office based working (from either our Cowbridge (South Wales) or London (Westminster) office), home based working* (within the UK) or a hybrid of both, please indicate your preference on your application.
*home-based employees may on occasions be required to travel to either our Cowbridge or London based offices to attend meetings, training and other office-based events, with reasonable prior notice.
We cannot accept applications for working remotely outside of the UK.
The perks & benefits
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you'll see the impact of your work every day. We also offer:
- 33 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), plus additional days off around Christmas and New Year
- a generous pension scheme with FFT contributions at 9%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Regular Social Events
- Employee Assistance Programme system supporting employees wellbeing
- Private Healthcare Insurance, including virtual GP access 24/7
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Flexible working, including term time only positions
- Our 'Lunch and Learn' programme to provide insight into company hot topics with free pizza
- Personal development opportunities with a dedicated training budget
- Dog friendly offices
- Table tennis*, pool table* and chill out areas to unwind (*Cowbridge office only)
- Free office refreshments (fresh fruit, biscuits, tea & coffee)
- Parking within walking distance of the office (excluding our London office)
To apply for this position please click 'apply' above and upload a copy of your:
- and Covering Letter (no more than 1 side of A4) demonstrating how your skills and experience match those required for this role
The successful applicant will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check (this will be undertaken and paid for by FFT).
Refer a friend: know someone who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend or family member, if they are offered a role with FFT, we will say thank you with a bonus up to £250! Ensure the applicant selects ‘Refer a friend scheme’ and notes your FFT Employee ID when they apply
Strictly no recruitment agencies to contact us in regards to this role as we have a PSL in place and do not wish to speak to any further agencies at this time.