The Brand Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and safeguarding the growing number of brands owned by the LLDC portfolio. This includes Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park East Bank, ArcelorMittal Orbit, Innovation District and more. They will act as a core part of the team, ensuring that the brand experience of the Park itself, plus both online and offline channels are delivered to a high standard.
They will also play a key role in the insight which informs brand strategy and manages two roles the in-house design and content creation functions.
So what does the Brand Marketing Manager do?
- Lead on brand guardianship and evolution for LLDC-owned brand Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East Bank, ArcelorMittal Orbit, Innovation District and more.
- Team leader for Park partner liaison, ensuring our marketing is dialed in to, and maximising partner activity.
- Strategic support and day to day activation for brand sponsorship/ partnerships.
- Develop and manage a brand toolkit for brand sponsorship/ partnerships.
- Management of inhouse design workflow, and providing sign off on branded items as appropriate.
- Design of clear sign off procedures, ensuring all branded documents adhere to editorial and visual guidelines.
- Leader on training for CMS team and key stakeholders on brand guidelines.
- Lead on delivery of corporate publications where required – eg. Park News.
- Delivery of annual and ad-hoc visitor research.
- Line manage the day-to-day output and progress of the Graphic Designer and Content Creation Manager to ensure timely and quality delivery of work.
- Form part of the out of hours digital and social team, which is responsible for digital and social updates out of office hours.
- Support the delivery of wider strategy and reporting, including the Marketing & Event plan.
- Work with the teams across the organisation to ensure that the Legacy Corporation meets its statutory communications requirements, including planning consultations, annual reports and supporting information transparency.
- Sign off on content as delegated by the Head of Marketing and Brand.
- Support and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence, contributing to corporate priority themes and the organisation’s overall delivery aims, acting as an ambassador for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical competency areas and take a proactive approach to self-development and performance improvement.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others and take responsibility for ensuring all activities carried out promote the value of a diverse workforce and do not discriminate against sections of the community covered by equality legislation.
What you will need:
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable marketing experience in brand management and marketing.
- Experience of running a re-brand end-to-end and a clear understanding of what makes an excellent brand.
- Success with working with brand partners.
- Experience of both project and line management
- Proven experience of development, delivery and evaluation of successful brand marketing activity, including integrated campaigns across offline and online marketing channels.
- Experience developing audience personas and driving actionable insights from audience segmentation.
- Experience of evaluating and measuring brand marketing activities and identifying opportunities for improvements.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills with the ability to operate to tight deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Adept in project management, with the ability to proactively drive forward project objectives.
- Drive, strong use of initiative and ability to problem solve in fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Good understanding of agency management.
Personal style and behavior
- Proactive, articulate relationship builder who can engage and influence at all levels of seniority.
- Can-do, 'go-getter' attitude.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform well and communicate under pressure.
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s core behaviours and ethos (see below for more on this).
- Flexible to the needs of a changing department.
If you are interested in applying for this role then please use the apply button which will redirect you to the vacancy post.
Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. All applications for this vacancy must be submitted via our online recruitment system.