The Valuation Office Agency provides the independent property valuations that underpin business rates and Council Tax – resulting in over £50bn of funding for local public services.
Our work has an impact on every home and business across England and Wales, and has a crucial part to play in supporting local government finances.
The VOA is an executive agency of HM Revenue & Customs and employs around 3,600 people.
The role sits in the Communications team which provides a high quality service to the Agency’s employees, as well key stakeholders, media and the public.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional who is as passionate as we are about creating communications that inspire, inform and motivate our internal audiences.
If you have strong writing and planning skills and experience of using them to deliver impactful communication across a range of channels, we want to hear from you.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a track record of developing and delivering successful internal communications campaign, and a good understanding of how internal communications can support change and employee engagement.
You’re someone who builds good working relationships easily, in and outside the team, is able to constructively challenge and feels comfortable influencing people at all levels in the organisation.
Joining our team will mean you are the first point of contact for internal stakeholders seeking communications support and advice, so we need someone with energy and enthusiasm who focuses on their internal customers.
- Good people/personal communication skills
- Able to build good working relationships
- Team player, collaborative approach
- Able to deliver at pace and work well under pressure
- Strategic thinker, understands organisational priorities
- Considered by senior stakeholders to be a trusted pair of hands
- Experience of working in a professional communications role
- Experience of delivering communications plans and campaigns
- Excellent communications planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to translate complex information into clear language and for a range of audiences
- Content development skills for a range of channels
- Able to work quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with people all levels
- Able to use insight and evaluation data to inform communication plans
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area (for example communications, journalism, public relations)
- Some knowledge of the taxation sector and current government priorities
- People management experience
- Membership - Government Communication Service
For further information and to apply for this role, please visit Civil Service Jobs