Teams Assistant - permanent role - Start ASAP- £28,000
Teams Assistant - permanent role (open to Temp candidate) - Start ASAP (will consider notice periods) - £28,000
A non-departmental public body independent of government but accountable to Parliament is hiring! They are searching for a keen and excited Teams Assistant to add to their growing team of 5. The successful candidate will report to Reporting into the Head of Central Communications, and working closely with the Central Communications Team, this individual will have an interest in in communications and be seeking to develop their knowledge. They are looking for people with enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of something meaningful. You will also need excellent interpersonal skills as you will be working with a team and need to have the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues.
Main areas of responsibility:
* Supporting other team members and colleagues to design, manage and deliver the event schedule including staff conference, off-sites, town halls and all staff engagement events.
* Manage the internal communications inbox, screens, suggestions boxes and other channels as appropriate.
* Manage the team calendar, ensuring it is up to date
* Booking meeting rooms for team activities
* Designing and producing communications to all staff through our digital signage (TV screens)
* Produce articles for intranet, as required
* Managing the Internal Communications email inbox, responding promptly to requests from the businesses
* Supporting the delivery of all-staff events and internal workshops
* Monthly, weekly and daily updating, editing and deleting content
* Participation in weekly team meetings
* Supporting team members in the editing and designing of internal communications (including digital, posters, desk drops)
* Encouraging cross-departmental working by supporting the roll out of social activities across
* Ensuring that purchase orders are fulfilled on time and accurately
* Supporting team members on projects as required
The successful candidate will have:
* 1-2 years' experience in communications, experience in office support
* Attention to detail, proof-reading and editing skills
* Good written skills and knowledge of grammar
* Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* An engaging communicator
* Excellent people skills
* Supportive, collaborative, team player
* Demonstrate initiative and willing to learn
* This role presents the opportunity to work part-time (0.8 FTE) or job share if a suitable counterpart can be found.
* 25 days annual leave going up to 30 days
* Birthday and Christmas eve off as paid holiday
* Contribution of 8% towards your pension
* More than the statutory entitlements to maternity, paternity, shared parental, and adoption leave when you've been with them for a year.
* They also offer paid days off if you need to care for a family member.
* Four days of paid leave a year to volunteer with an organisation you choose
* Up to £2,500 in funding to aid with any training or personal development.
If you are interested in this role, then please send a word version of your latest up to date CV and contact me for any further information.