bout the Company
Brompton Bike Hire was created to address the clear need for a cycle hire scheme that is accessible to all, easy and cheap to install and run, economical to use, not dependent on state subsidies, flexible and compact. The company is expanding rapidly across the UK and is committed to providing an efficient, flexible, healthy and environmentally friendly solution to travel for the future, transforming cities by providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier, healthier and greener places to live. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. To continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims.
Reporting initially to the Managing Director of Brompton Bike Hire, but sited within the Central Marketing team, the purpose of the role is to lead on all marketing and campaign activity for Hire and Subscription products. You will be directly responsible for driving forward the marketing programme with a special emphasis on Direct Marketing relating to the recruitment and engagement of Brompton Bike Hire and Subscription customers. You will be proud to deliver high-quality data driven campaigns across a broad spectrum of channels, but you will always strive for better results.
The Marketing Manager will help create, prepare, and deliver bespoke campaigns that will meet objectives of Brompton Bike Hire, but will also be expected to work collaboratively with the Brompton Central Marketing team and liaise with internal colleagues across different teams to deliver exceptional results.
Measures of success
- Creation and execution of Brompton Bike Hire and Subscription marketing calendar, informed by prospective consumer and performance insights.
- Achievement of Brompton Bike Hire and Subscription marketing objectives (including membership growth, conversion to purchase and rental frequency)
- On-time and on-budget delivery of all Hire and Subscription marketing campaigns and activations
Create and coordinate marketing calendar of activity including ad-hoc Projects with MD and the Central marketing team
Create and coordinate marketing calendar of Direct Marketing Campaigns aimed at recruiting and retaining customers
Collaborate with wider business to devise and launch campaigns to drive new and existing services and targeted campaigns into the market successfully.
Communication & Event Planning
Work with the wider Central marketing team to:
- Develop the PR strategy to maximise awareness and trial of Brompton Bike Hire & Subscription products
- Create the social media and influencer marketing strategy to build community and engagement
- Uncover and activate against advocacy (public affairs) and community marketing opportunities
- Maximise event opportunities to drive trial and engagement with Hire & Subscription products
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to target key partners, initiating strategies to increase our industry presence
Reporting & Budgeting
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget for Hire & Subscription
- Produce monthly reports as specified by MD and HOM e.g. ROI reports for campaign analysis
- Create and Manage Direct Marketing Reporting system
Experience - Essential (E) & Desirable (D)
- Minimum 3-year experience in marketing management (E)
- Working knowledge of Building, managing and measuring both online and offline response driven marketing campaigns especially Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, and demonstrate a deep understanding of the features and functions of these channels (E)
- Experience in Subscription/Membership business essential (E)
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (E)
- Excellent English writing skills are essential (E)
- An enthusiasm for marketing, social and digital trends and culture including an understanding of audiences, what makes them tick and how to create them (E)
- Strong reporting and analytical skills to be able to uncover insights from data, and use this to inform decision-making (D)
- Marketing Qualification (D)
Personal attributes - Essential (E) & Desirable (D)
- Communication and customer focused (E)
- Results focused, seeks out opportunities and strives for continuous improvement (E)
- Strong ability to work at pace, under pressure, independently, and manage multiple projects (E)
- Ability to influence and persuade others, and work within large global marketing team. (E)
- Enjoys challenging situations, with the flexibility to work in an unstructured environment where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions. (E)
- Self-confident, enthusiastic, positive, self-starting, venturesome (E)
- Thrives through change, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability (E)
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution (D)
- Bold and willing to fight for a cause (D)
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and co-operate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
- A choice of working hours, (i.e. every fourth Friday off).
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits.
- Christmas Parties, Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching.