Your new company
The Communications team supports the organisation to achieve its corporate objectives. It proactively drives forward communications activities, ensuring that they are aligned to our vision - we create places for people to call home and support them to live well - and our corporate values. Our work is founded on the principle that communications activities should enhance the experience of the audience by providing the right information, at the right time, in the right way and applying best practice.
Your new role
* The post holder is responsible for creating and delivering a programme of pro-active engagement with politicians, media and other key corporate stakeholders to increase awareness and understanding of our brand and work to generate external support.
* The Interim External Affairs Manager is an external relations/affairs confident working with politicians, media and other corporate stakeholders.
* They have a can-do attitude and they can spot opportunities to influence stakeholders, build relationship with strategic partners or place stories with local and national media.
* They can work with both proactive and reactive media, including issuing statements, press releases and dealing with complex and sensitive issues
What you'll need to succeed
* Public Affairs
* Support the delivery on our objectives within the Communications and Public Affairs campaign plans.
* Further develop and deliver our in-house public affairs programme to build relationships with and influence key external stakeholders - both in the political arena and with senior sector partners
* Help maintain, manage and update our A-Z public policy guide which sets out our policy position statements setting out our views on key sector and public-facing issues.
* Work with other teams and senior managers as required to ensure policy statements are based on evidence and experience and accurately reflect our views and objectives.
* Help secure positive proactive press coverage.
* Support management of negative press enquires
* Manage and help formulate the annual budget for external affairs work.
* Work collaboratively with other team members, to ensure that all communications opportunities are maximised across all channels and audiences.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.