Our client is a privately owned business that operates globally in a booming category. With sales growth in every country and continuous investment back into the business, the company has never been in a stronger position.
To support ambitions for further consistent and sustainable growth, a Marketing Director is required to lead marketing, product, design and customer service. This is a newly created role within the senior leadership team and will have responsibility for enhancing and implementing the existing commercial strategies that accelerate growth globally. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a leading role within a dynamic, rapidly growing business that has a lot it still wants to achieve. With a robust reputation, profitable business model and an incredibly buoyant market, the future is bright and exciting for the company.
The Marketing Director will:
- Establish a strong marketing function. Ensure strong basics are in place to build a function that supports the business in delivering further growth across all markets.
- Have overall responsibility for new product development to ensure that growth opportunities are identified and explored and brand integrity is upheld. Keep the company at the forefront of innovation in the industry and spot opportunities to improve existing products, develop new ones, upgrade packaging, or explore new technologies.
- Develop close relationships with key customers and opinion leaders, business managers and decision-makers.
- Build and develop a team to achieve the highest standards in brand integrity, innovation management and customer service and build a reputation for excellence.
The successful candidate will be an experienced marketing leader with experience working in a commercial, fast-paced environment. The role will suit an individual that enjoys influencing at a senior level but can also be hands-on with delivery and enjoys being at the coal-face to understand the needs of partners across the globe. Experience and attributes will include:
- Experience working with established, well-respected brands where a strong understanding of building and protecting market-leading propositions will have been attained.
- Ability to get into the detail of what customers are looking for and convert trends/needs/data into clearly defined marketing and product plans that grow market share and sales.
- A successful track record of identifying and executing opportunities that add value and generate additional revenue.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders internally and externally and represent the company at a senior level across the customer portfolio internationally and with third-party partners.
- Experience building, leading and developing a high performing team.
This role will be based in the North West with some international travel. The successful candidate will need to reside within a maximum of an hour commute to the company’s Head Office or be willing to relocate. (Exact location details will be given on application).
An excellent base salary is on offer with a car allowance, bonus, pension scheme, private health care and the usual fringe benefits.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners.
Consultant – Consumer Practice