Your new role
An exciting opportunity has become available to work in a high-profile, fast-paced and influential role This Speechwriter role will work to write speeches for the Chairman of Policy and Resources, as well as the Chief Commoner, so they can effectively communicate the Governing Body's key messages across a broad range of issues.
These include, but are not limited to, support for the financial and related professional services sector, culture, housing, employability, education, planning, infrastructure and transport.
What you'll need to succeed
* To write, research and prepare for delivery speeches and written communications, which convey accurately specific messages in such a way that they will be understood, appreciated and, where appropriate, actively responded to by the target audience involved and are tailored to meet the particular needs, style and approach of each speaker.
* The post-holder will work as part of the Communications Team to advise the Chairman of Policy and Resources on Governing bodys key messages and will also work closely alongside the private office of the Chairman of Policy and Resources and the Chief Commoner, as well as relevant departments.
* To take the lead on all assigned speeches and to contribute to wider communications content, policy and strategy for the Chairman of Policy and Resources and the Chief Commoner, and thereby the City of London Corporation, negotiating between expert views to create unified, rigorous speeches and written communications
* You will have strong written communication skills with the ability to write public speeches to a wide variety of audiences within the UK and overseas on economic and/or international politics in a clear, direct, concise and engaging way.
* You will have a strong ability to develop and establish productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including those at a very senior level.
* You will possess a strong interest and understanding of global economics and international politics and a strong knowledge of key issues affecting the representation and business of the governing body.
* To be responsible for monitoring and evaluating reaction from speeches written by the post-holder, around specific strategic themes and issues, as part of a constant dialogue with City leaders - and sharing/disseminating information on a regular basis internally to feed into corporate thinking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.