This organisation is here to ensure every person feels more in control of their finances throughout their lives: from pocket money to pensions. Why? Because when they are, communities are healthier, businesses are more prosperous, the economy benefits, and individuals feel better off. COVID-19 has made this more important than ever as we all recover from its impact. There are many organisations in our nations which can make a real difference.
Our role is to connect them to a shared purpose: achieving the UK's five national goals for financial wellbeing. We lead the way with our own services, which reflect how much we care about the people we serve. They demonstrate what works best in a way that's targeted to those most in need and inclusive of people from all backgrounds. Working together we can really impact the lives of our customers. And we won't stand still. We support innovation internally and externally so that everyone's using the best ways out there to help people feel more in control of their money. We will work to make sure the whole of the UK understands that financial, physical and mental health are all deeply connected.
Our ambition is that everyone sees financial well -being as a national mission and a core UK value. MaPS is an Arms-Length Body, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions and also working closely with HM Treasury, which is responsible for policy on financial capability and debt advice.
Purpose of the role The Corporate Affairs Officer role is an exciting opportunity to help support the team in their mission of "creating the conversations which help everyone make the most of their money and pensions. . This role will provide support and develop engaging content for Internal Communication, PR, Strategic Communications and External Affairs, helping share the work MaPS does with diverse audiences and across multiple channels, both externally and internally.
* Producing engaging and consistent written content across various channels and for various audiences, both internal and external, including the website, traditional and social media.
* Working with colleagues to help deliver multi-channel, multi-stakeholder communications plans aligned to business priorities, and based on the principle that our people are always the first to know.
* Creating content for internal audiences and across different channels, including our intranet, virtual briefings, leadership communications cascades and our weekly "Connection" email newsletters
* Supporting team priorities, including:
* Helping embed a new stakeholder management framework across the organisation.
* Supporting senior colleagues in their external engagement by producing relevant briefing materials and presentations.
* Supporting colleagues in organising high-quality events, from small-scale workshops to large-scale webinars and conferences.
* Supporting with B2B social content development and activation
* Dealing with media enquiries in a timely fashion; helping to co-ordinate our response and pro-active content by working with colleagues across the organisation; working with external agencies as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
* Excellent written communications skills, with the ability to produce high-quality content adapted to suit different audiences and channels.
* Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage a diverse workload of different projects with competing priorities.
* Ability to build key relationships with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
* Experience of preparing briefings for senior colleagues for external meetings and speaking engagements.
* A minimum of 1-3 years working in a Communications (internal or external), PR or Public Affairs environment.
* Experience of organising events, including how to maximise events on virtual platforms
* Knowledge of the workings of Westminster and Whitehall
* Experience of developing social media and web content, both for B2B and B2C Audiences
* An interest in the importance of well being to society
* Experience of working in press office and responding to press queries at pace
* Agency -related experience across PR, Communications or Public Affairs
* Experience of working with and adding content to, websites and social media using content management systems, e.g. SharePoint.
* A flexible pro-active and enthusiastic approach, enjoys collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
* A creative thinker with ideas how to identify and deliver opportunities to improve how we work
* Passion for maximising the impact of communications and helping others to communicate more effectively
* Organised approach and ability to work across different teams and projects simultaneously
* Willingness to learn new skills and help out across the team where required
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience -We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and are committed to having a team representative of the diverse characteristics and experiences of the population we're working to ensure make the most of their money and pensions now, and in future generations.