Senior Communications Consultant - 12 Month FTC - Financial Services Firm - based in Witham, Essex
Your new company
Hays are exclusively working with Aegon, who are looking for a Senior Communications Consultant for a 12-Month FTC to be based in Witham, Essex. Initially remote, this role will progress to a 60/40 hybrid split. Aegon is an international provider of life insurance, pensions, and asset management. With over £607 billion assets under management, they have businesses in over 25 countries around the world and around two million customers in the UK. It is Aegon's mission to help the UK achieve a lifetime of financial security. They've led the way in innovation that can make people's financial assets work smarter as well as harder.
Your new role
Marketing Communications is the central hub of 'comms' activity, directing and controlling external communications to advisers, employers and customer audiences. The Marketing department is split across different locations in the UK, so travel may be required from time to time. As a key member of the team, your role will be focused on producing and managing, customer-friendly, compliant regulatory documents. You will work with stakeholders to ensure content and documentation are reviewed and accessible on Aegon websites and will also look to improve content and reduce unnecessary or out of date items as they move to a more digital focused business. The role will also involve:
* Planning: Creating, updating & delivering marketing communications projects collateral within agreed timescales and budgets.
* Working cross-functionally: Keeping all stakeholders informed of progress and working across multiple teams to implement marketing communications plans for projects.
* Managing expiring content: Ensuring web content and documents remain up-to-date
* Managing all Marketing collateral that supports the Communications Strategy: Effective and economical management of print purchases, transport, postage, collation and storage costs.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful within this role, you will need:
* Excellent copy writing skills across all media, particularly digital.
* Previous experience of working in a communications role within Financial Services, producing technical, legal or regulatory comms.
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams
* Understand the markets that Aegon operates in
* Experience of working with creative brand guidelines
* Awareness of the compliance and regulatory impacts on financial promotions
* Good knowledge of accessibility standards (online and offline)
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work and commitment Aegon are offering:
A competitive salary of £33,760 to £42,200 DOE
Pension Contribution between 8% and 12%, dependent on age.
27 days annual leave plus public holidays
A range of flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.