Fantastic Senior Communications role - Financial Services firm - Edinburgh based - Competitive Salary
Your new company
Hays are exclusively working with Aegon, who are looking for a senior communication Consultant to be based in Edinburgh. Initially remote, this role will progress to a 60/40 hybrid split. Aegon is an international provider of life insurance, pensions, and asset management. With over £607 billion assets under management, they have businesses in over 25 countries around the world and around two million customers in the UK. It is Aegon's mission to help the UK achieve a lifetime of financial security. They've led the way in innovation that can make people's financial assets work smarter as well as harder.
Your new role
Marketing Communications is the central hub of 'comms' activity, directing and controlling external communications to advisers, customers and our market. The Marketing department is split across different locations in the UK, so travel may be required from time to time. As a key member of the team, you will be trusted with:
* Planning: Ensure Communication activity is planned and delivered to timeliness inputting into a rolling monthly delivery plan of activity.
* Communications: Develop and deliver effective and compliant communications, campaigns and projects, including changes and improvements to propositions and campaigns.
* Quality: Adhere to brand standards and reflect Aegon's customer promise.
* Efficiency: Manage within agreed budgets track and report effectiveness of activity, and complete invoicing and purchase processes effectively
* Deliver marketing communication projects within agreed timescales and budgets
* Lead and Coordinate marketing communications cross functional delivery teams as required
* Propose, copy write and Develop creative marketing communications across appropriate media to meet the needs of our internal and external customers, adhering to brand standards
* Review, analyse and report back results on delivered campaigns to key stakeholders along with recommendations for future activity.
What you'll need to succeed
What you will need to Succeed To Succeed in this role, you must have:
* Copywriting skills across all media, in particular writing for digital media.
* Experience working in financial services/ another regulated industry
* Proven experience of writing marketing communications proposals/plans and identifying promotional opportunities.
* Experience of cross functional project management
Desirable skills and knowledge:
* Be aware of the compliance and regulatory impacts on financial promotions
* Understand the markets that Aegon operates in.
* Have a good knowledge of print and how marketing communications can influence and manage costs.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work and commitment Aegon are offering:
* A competitive salary of £33,760 to £42,200 DOE
* Pension Contribution between 8% and 12%, dependent on age.
* 27 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
* A range of flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.