Job Title: Content Manager
Job type: Full Time
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel's Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
Duel is featured in Gartner's 'Cool Vendor' Retail Marketing category.
We are looking for a tech-obsessed content creator to join our fast-growing marketing-tech startup.
This role is aimed at someone that has a deep-rooted love for storytelling across multiple mediums. The ideal candidate will have a passion for using words and ideas to inspire people in all sorts of engaging ways. You'll most likely be a creative thinking individual who is fascinated by and has a strong background in content marketing.
We have ambitions to be the clear thought leaders in the space. We want to do for Advocacy Marketing what HubSpot has done for Inbound Marketing. With this in mind, your role will play an integral part in Duel's success and contribute massively to our growth as we move into this exciting phase of the business.
By working closely with Duel's Managing Director and our Head of Growth, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the business and the industry. With this knowledge, you will assist in the category creation of Brand Advocacy Marketing through engaging content, case studies and other marketing materials.
You'll be responsible for creating, distributing and measuring the brilliant content that gets us noticed. From articles, case studies, events, round tables and much more - both online and offline - you'll create the tools for growing and nurturing the Duel community. This will go alongside reaching out to other brand builders around the world to join.
* Development and delivery of blog posts, video content, webinars, social media, website content and email to attract and accelerate leads through the entire sales funnel
* Development and implementation of Duel's high quality, SEO friendly content marketing
* Leveraging Hubspot to automate digital marketing funnels that deliver results
* Manage Duel's email marketing channel to increase content distribution
* Manage the website to ensure it reflects our brand while attracting new leads
* Assisting the team with a variety of other tasks on occasion e.g. copy for clients, other strategy pieces, or account management
* You have a completely multimedia approach.
* You will care deeply about understanding your customer so you create content they truly need. And you'll have the processes to prove it.
* A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table.
* You'll be an innate and natural storyteller - an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our brands and the press want to talk about.
* Strong teamwork skills - we work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
* Proactive about learning new ideas and techniques - you want to be the best in your field and you work hard at it.
* Data-driven and knows which metrics to measure for your goals.
* Completely process crazy. You will A/B test your life and optimise ruthlessly.
* Must be eligible to work in the UK.
The winning candidate will have:
* 2+ years experience in a similar role
* Experienced working in a MarTech provider would be preferable
* Some understanding of the following platforms: Hubspot, Google Analytics, Adwords, Google Keyword Planner
* Expert knowledge of current content marketing best practices and latest strategies.
* Interest in new product launches, ideally for innovative/disruptive products that create their own category
* Experience in a fast-growth SaaS startup would be preferable
* Extensive knowledge of social media, digital and mobile marketing
* Experience with tools like Google Analytics, MailChimp and Hubspot
* Working knowledge of SEO tactics and how to rank well in search
* Gym membership
* Headspace subscription
* 28 days holiday.
* Share Options for full-time employees.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Officer, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Co-ordinator, Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, SEO Specialist, Social Media Manager, Digital Marketer may also be considered for this role.