The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity working to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new knowledge and skills.
Through Code Club and CoderDojo, we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources. We are part of a consortium that has been awarded £82m in government funding to train computing teachers in every school in England.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior Marketing Manager to join our Communications and Marketing team. This role will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing, and will manage a team of marketing managers and their direct reports.
This exciting opportunity is a new role within the team, designed to both support the development of the marketing strategy in line with the business plan, and to develop campaigns that execute on that strategy. You will be responsible for overseeing marketing activity and budget within your team, as well as developing your own campaigns around our strategic goals.
You will bring a wealth of experience from a range of organisations to help stretch and shape our thinking. A natural leader, you will inspire, motivate, and support the marketing team to do their best work. You will be passionate about creativity and innovation, and will translate that into practical application with ease. You’ll enjoy collaborating on, and leading, projects right across the organisation. You’ll have demonstrable experience in cultivating B2B relationships that help to amplify our campaign activity and reach our audience.
Within this role, you will need to be adept at writing great copy that engages a broad range of audiences. You’ll be a guardian of our tone of voice and will also help others to develop their copywriting skills. Having an eye for detail is essential.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people who care about our mission can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you, and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional team.
- Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop our overall marketing strategy
- Oversee all marketing campaigns, ensuring they are aligned to the strategic goals and business plan of the organisation
- Manage a team of marketing managers, setting clear objectives and supporting them to do the best work of their careers
- Seek opportunities to be creative and innovative especially in the area of B2B and partner marketing
- Be a brand guardian and ensure consistent tone of voice across all campaigns
- Report on campaign performance and ROI
- Develop and manage successful relationships with external agencies, partners, and other third-party providers to ensure high-quality cost-effective delivery
- Represent the organisation at external events
- Oversee the marketing budget
- Deputise for the Communications and Marketing Director
Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- A marketing or relevant business degree, and/or professional marketing qualifications (CIM)
- Experience of managing an effective marketing team, with the ability to train, coach, and develop individuals
- Broad and varied experience of developing marketing strategies
- Experience of developing B2B relationships with organisations that can help to reach the desired audience
- Proven success of developing, implementing, and evaluating highly successful cross-channel marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of marketing tools and methodologies, and practical experience delivering and executing a strategic marketing plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially copywriting
- The ability to analyse and interpret data to evaluate campaign success and make recommendations for improvements
- Experience of overseeing a marketing budget and demonstrating ROI
- Experience of managing agencies and freelancers
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills
You’ll ideally also have some or all of the following:
- Experience of working in education
- Experience of working on marketing campaigns that operate in multiple countries
- Experience of designing and running PR campaigns
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous family leave policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Regular organisation-wide maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Regular all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, and drinks in all our offices
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in the selection process, you will be required to undergo a background check carried out to identify that you are a suitable person to work with children. Further checks will be made at regular intervals thereafter.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Rate: £50,000 – £56,000 p.a. full-time equivalent, dependent on experience
Basis: Permanent; full-time, part-time, or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK
Timetable for applications
Closing date: Friday 1st Oct
Phone interviews: Thursday 7th oct
First face-to-face interviews: Wednesday 13th Oct